Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bmizz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
So I am pretty computer illiterate and I can't figure out how to transfer. I have my first itunes on my older PC desktop which has all my music in it. I recently got a macbook pro. I have synced my new 3G phone to my PC so that I can have all my music on my phone. I rarely even turn the PC on now that I have my mac, HOW DO I GET THE SONGS FROM MY PHONE TO MY MAC ITUNES? When I plug it in it will just ask if I want to use that library from the mac which has nothing in it.

ngmcs8203

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
How big is your library? You have a few options:

A) Buy/download third party software that rips your ipod/iphone music and puts it into your iTunes Library.

B) Manually copy all of your music library from your PC, to a intermediary media (DVD, external disk drive, old iPod, etc) and then "paste" it in to your music library folder on your mac. Then you'd have to "import" via itunes that folder.

BrokenE

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Houston
Help, Please!!

I am in similar situation. I went to my windows PC, explorer, found the itunes folder, copied it to external hard drive, then tried to import into itunes on my macbook, but all that showed up was an itunes xml file. So what am I doing wrong.

I read the help on exporting the itunes library. going that route only exports play lists, then when import into the computer it erases an song which is not already in your library, which in my case, of course is ZERO. So get nothing..

Please help.:(

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Your question is the problem.

What you really want is to take the music from your PC and put it on your Mac. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.