Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I have had my Macbook for almost a year, and it's worked fine so far. Suddenly, out of nowhere, everything just seems to stop responding. I shut down the laptop and then turned it back on, then realized that the Trackpad wasn't working, and neither were any of the keys. The Caps Lock light doesn't even turn on when I hit it. What happened? How do I fix this? Right when it happened, I was using iTunes and had a couple Safari windows open.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I've looked around Google for a bit, and I've found out that a lot of people have this problem and that their problems have been fixed by taking it to a repair store and replacing the keyboard and the trackpad and they work again. So, can anyone recommend a good Apple-Approved store that accepts warranties?

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Another problem just came up. When the laptop is hooked up to the charger, the light doesn't go on and it doesn't appear to be charging.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
So, can anyone recommend a good Apple-Approved store that accepts warranties?

Uh, we don't have any idea where you live :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Chandler Adaway

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Beaumont, TX
So, can anyone recommend a good Apple-Approved store that accepts warranties?
...The Apple store maybe? :rolleyes:

If your talking about something other than that of the Apple store, call up Apple at 1-800-MYA-PPLE.
They just got someone to come to my school office because the nearest Apple store is 100 miles away when I needed a repair done.
But of course, that ended tragically and I got in big trouble for that one.
Nothing that the repair guy did though.
:rolleyes:

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, I've heard that Apple stores take forever to replace and fix things, and many people have suggesting using an Apple-Improved store instead.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Yeah, I've heard that Apple stores take forever to replace and fix things, and many people have suggesting using an Apple-Improved store instead.

Huh?

No. The last time I checked, only the Apple store does all the repairing if your product is in warranty.

mando1246

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
App?

call applecare. This is a known issue, if its within the year it's covered if not I hope you have an APP. They will ship you a box, you will get it the next day. It'll take about ten days to get it back.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Right, well, I kinda need it by Tuesday since I have a Python assignment due, and an exam next week. It is extremely imperative that I have it.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I plugged in a USB keyboard and it popped up with a screen that said "Cannot identify this keyboard, press OK to identify it" or something like that... only my mouse wasn't working, so I couldn't click okay, and I couldn't just hit enter because it didn't recognize it. So I plugged in a USB Mouse and it just plain didn't recognize it at all. I don't think the mouse was Mac compatible.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Take it to the Apple Store at Lenox
It is worth it

Edit: You also have Northpoint, Mall of Georgia or Perimeter if they are closer

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Thanks, the Perimeter Mall is the closest to where I am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.