Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honavery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I ported a number from Verizon on Friday morning.

I receive txt messages from other ATT customers no problem. My gf has Verizon and some messages from her I receive, but not all of them. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it either. She receives txt's from me no problem.

Anyone else seen this, or gotten it resolved?

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Same thing happened to me. Called ATT and they pushed the activation through. Guess just part of the porting process. Hang in there.

Have to say, so far its been a pleasure calling ATT when I have issues. Get to speak with an english speaking tech and they resolved issues fast.

jerseyjoey732

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
What did you guys say to the ATT rep when you called? I'm having the same problem and when I called they basically gave me the run around saying there was nothing they could do.

honavery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I told them just what was happening. The customer rep transfered me to an engineer, who walked me through a couple of things. She said she did something and to call back if it was still happening. As of Thursday it was. I haven't really had too many text messages since then, so maybe it righted itself over the weekend. Probably not though, so I'll have to call back.

phishie

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I'm having the same issue, random messages from friends on Verizon never reach my phone... Causes some serious confusion. I also porter a number over from Verizon on release day. Thanks for the info, I'll call tomorrow and let you guys know what they say.

phishie

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Anyone have an update on this issue? I talked to AT&T and all I got was some ******** answer about how it's a known issue in my area and is being worked on. WTF.

phishie

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
OK, according to AT&T the issue should be resolved for me now. I used the live chat support here - http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/

Here is what the tech rep said the issue was:
Tech Rep: The system was not updated for provisioning on the iphone.
Tech Rep: Snooper had to be provisioned. It is a system that tech department works on, to make sure text, voicemail, and ingoing and outgoing calls are routed correctly.

I'm pretty sure this is an account-by-account setting so I would advise trying the live chat support to get it set correctly.

honavery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
FYI, this seems to be quite a wide spread issue. There was this post on iPhone Atlas today, and this 5 page thread on the ATT Wireless forums. So hopefully ATT will do something about it soon. Mine do seem to be getting better (I get about 95%).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.