Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Steve said there are new products coming the following months, so what are your hopes and dreams for the new Apple products?

I hope for a cheaper iPhone Nano, that would be cool! :D

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
My ibook is sticking around until Apple makes something like one of these:

asus eee 1000

msi wind

I got my hopes up last winter, but it turned out to be the macbook air. I really want a machine like this at about the same price ($500-700). And I really don't want to have to mess around with osx86 to get it.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Updated MacBooks and MacBook Pros

Maybe the iMacs

No new MacPro until January 2009

New Displays would be nice?

Would love a 12" MBP...wont happen though.

mxelre

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Quebec
Updated Macbook Pros and Macbook

A 13" or 12" macbook pro would be nice

A tablet would be kinda cool as well

I like the ipod touch nano idea but I'm not sure that will eventually occur

I think iMacs are okay as they are right now but some upgrade is always appreciated!

thunderclap

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2003
With HP releasing a touch screen computer recently I think Apple is bound to release a similar product, probably a new laptop or iMac, to compete.

Maybe new Cinema Displays? Unfortunately I got tired of waiting and just picked up refurb 23".

There's been a lot of talk of a tablet so that's a possibility. I don't know if anyone else saw the MacLife article about an Apple patent on new keyboard. May that be farther long than we realize?

I would also love to see a true update to the Apple TV including DVR and Blu-Ray but that's unlikely anytime soon.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
a notebook that is 13.3 inch, 4 pounds, 2.4GHz CPU or faster, aluminum case. it could either be a new MBP or an updated MB.

i don't expect anything revolutionary. although a fingerprint scanner would be great.

isoceles

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
NYC
From what I've read so far I would say new:
Macbook Pro
Macbook
some kind of tablet

I really hope they redesign the Macbook Pro though I have been waiting for a new one for a while now. That owuld be great if they came out next month.

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
Eh, all I need right now is a new mac mini for some embedded stuff I'm working on. The current run is almost a year old now. A bump to a new processor would be good for these understated systems.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
I'd like it if Apple decided to dump the plastic on the macbooks, yet kept the white / black colors. I wouldn't want Apple's entire computer range to be a uniform aluminum, I've never been much of a fan of that to start off with.

Other than that... I'd like a macbook with a 320GB HD, and the possibility of a RAM upgrade that transcends 4GB.

passingXstorm

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
We really need an iMicrowave and an iOven, so our food will start to taste better around here.... (lol im just kidding my mom's a great cook)

On a serious note I would like to see a redesigned MacBook, with a backlit keyboard and multi touch.

morononastick

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
i want a desktop. not as extreme as Mac Pro's but not an all-in-one like the iMac.

Blu-ray, quad-core proccesors, multi-touch, tv tuner, nVIDIA Dual 1GB video cards...lol u know...that kinda stuff

and maybe the slight HOPE of Mr. Steve releasing Mac OS X Leopard to run on a PC!!!

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
A redesigned mac mini with a miniaturized mac pro casing? (Yeah right). :p:apple::D

Hmm, I don't see anywhere in my post that I wanted that.... :p

I'm quite happy with it's current form-factor and stackability. It would be nice if the power supply was built into the system however. They can do it for the AppleTV, why not for the Mini?

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
MacBook and MacBook Pro (August/September): Redesign with Montevina, speed bump (no quad-core), aluminum case, possible SSD, just like the rumors.

iPods (September/October): The regular capacity bumps, iPod nano coming in multiple colors, iPod classic price drop.

"iWrite" (September/October/MWSF): 5.5", 720*480 display, basically an enhanced iPod touch, $500~$700.
OR
MacBook touch (September/October/MWSF): 13.3", Mac OS X with multitouch ($2000+).

Mac Pro (~ January): Gainestown Nehalem, 3 GB RAM.

iMac (H1 2009): Montevina refresh, possible 1333 MHz FSB, possible quad-core.

iPhone (H1 2009): 32 GB version.

Apple tv (MWSF?): Atom instead of Pentium M. Possible price drops and/or HD bumps.

Mac mini (?): Penryn (not Montevina), 1067 MHz FSB is likely if the update is sooner rather than later, fairly big spec bump.

Cinema Displays (?): Apple may be waiting for either/both higher resolution (40" 3840*2400, 26.7" 2560*1600, 20" 1920*1200) or/and LED backlights.

iPod socks (?): Multicolored to match the iPod nano.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
........................., .................................................
iPod socks (?): Multicolored to match the iPod nano.

everything else was quite realistic. but multicolored ipod socks? unless that is the revolutionary transition that reduces Q3 earnings it is absolutly impossible that apple jumps to a multi color upgrade. the will move slowly and carefully on the socks. steve himself said at MWSF 2005 that "you can't take away features once they are introduced". going to multicolored socks is to risky with the economy going down. also the development costs are to high for a niche product like this. and the average consumer doesen't use the single colored one's to their limit yet. developers have to catch up. maybe with snow leopard and grand central.......

jz1492

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2005
iWatch

iWatch: A wristwatch with power saving OLED color screen and short range bluetooth communications to your iPhone / iPod. No flash memory, no speakers or headphones, just a convenient remote control and display for your iDevices. Range is no more than 10 feet to conserve power.

With a multi-touch screen.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
everything else was quite realistic. but multicolored ipod socks? unless that is the revolutionary transition that reduces Q3 earnings it is absolutly impossible that apple jumps to a multi color upgrade. the will move slowly and carefully on the socks. steve himself said at MWSF 2005 that "you can't take away features once they are introduced". going to multicolored socks is to risky with the economy going down. also the development costs are to high for a niche product like this. and the average consumer doesen't use the single colored one's to their limit yet. developers have to catch up. maybe with snow leopard and grand central.......
:D

Oh and I forgot:

MacBook Air (late 2008 or early 2009): 17 W SFF Montevina CPUs (1.6/1.87 GHz), possible 4 GB RAM BTO, possible 120 GB HD (if they come out in time), price drop to $1499.

tom burns

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
Even though i use the mac for work, i will be dissapointed to buy a macbook pro that has 95% the same design as the powerbook i had bought 4 years ago... it would be like having the same laptop for 8 years... :eek::eek:

redesign please...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.