Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
ok, so the deal is, i jailbroke my ipod and i want to restore it without losing all my music. is there anyway that i can backup ONLY my ipod music/playlists to some kind of file on my computer and then restore my ipod to it's original settings and put the music back on all on one sitting?

please help me out! thank you!!!

edit: when it says backup ipod, does that back up everything? or only the settings? :(

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Do you not have all the music on the computer anyway? Or have you deleted it and only have the copy on the iPod?

If you still have all the music on your computer and in iTunes, once you restore it will just copy it back over.

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Do you not have all the music on the computer anyway? Or have you deleted it and only have the copy on the iPod?

If you still have all the music on your computer and in iTunes, once you restore it will just copy it back over.

yeah, i have all my music on my itunes hd library, but when i restored it last time, it didn't automatically transfer the songs. i had to manually drag and drop the songs :(

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh...

yeah, i have all my music on my itunes hd library, but when i restored it last time, it didn't automatically transfer the songs. i had to manually drag and drop the songs :(

So what? It will take less time to copy songs to the iPod than from the iPod. If your songs are still on your computer, just do a restore and then resync.

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
the last time i tried to re-sync, it didnt work. i had to manually put my songs all back on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.