Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
now i know everyone thinks they should have an apple store in their neighborhood, but i really think apple would do good up here.

Saginaw, Michigan is a big enough city, and already has a very nice mall where A&f resides, Gap, and most of apples sister stores (from ifoapplestore.com)
the mall in saginaw is very nice, but the area around it is pretty crummy..

Traverse City, Michigan would also be a very good area. the population of this city balloons in the summer months, and makes the mall very crowded. The mall is a bit high scale, very clean, and very safe.

all of the best buys from the detroit apple stores and up have the apple booth things, and they are always packed. literally packed. I think it would be very wise for apple to open a small boutique style store around northern michigan

how about outlet stores? People drive from Detroit to go to Tanger Outlets in West Branch, and Prime Outlets in birch run. These centers are always packed all year. Would apple ever open an outlet store to sell out old items?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 381

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
now i know everyone thinks they should have an apple store in their neighborhood, but i really think apple would do good up here.

Saginaw, Michigan is a big enough city, and already has a very nice mall where A&f resides, Gap, and most of apples sister stores (from ifoapplestore.com)
the mall in saginaw is very nice, but the area around it is pretty crummy..

Traverse City, Michigan would also be a very good area. the population of this city balloons in the summer months, and makes the mall very crowded. The mall is a bit high scale, very clean, and very safe.

all of the best buys from the detroit apple stores and up have the apple booth things, and they are always packed. literally packed. I think it would be very wise for apple to open a small boutique style store around northern michigan

how about outlet stores? People drive from Detroit to go to Tanger Outlets in West Branch, and Prime Outlets in birch run. These centers are always packed all year. Would apple ever open an outlet store to sell out old items?

I doubt that Apple would open an outlet location, but I would bet my money that in a few years there will be another Apple store in Michigan, it won't happen until our economy recovers from the horror that is Jennifer Granholm. I expect that there will be one in Detroit before there is one in northern MI though (Detroit will only get one after it recovers from Kwame Kilpatrick's regime).

Don

Edit: The Briawood Apple store (Ann Arbor) needs to get competent employees, and they need to fire the idiots currently employed there! I was actually once told by one of the employees that I probably know more about the computers in the store then all of the employees combined, And I'm only 14!!!

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I doubt that Apple would open an outlet location, but I would bet my money that in a few years there will be another Apple store in Michigan, it won't happen until our economy recovers from the horror that is Jennifer Granholm. I expect that there will be one in Detroit before there is one in northern MI though (Detroit will only get one after it recovers from Kwame Kilpatrick's regime).

Don

Edit: The Briawood Apple store (Ann Arbor) needs to get competent employees, and they need to fire the idiots currently employed there! I was actually once told by one of the employees that I probably know more about the computers in the store then all of the employees combined, And I'm only 14!!!

i completely agree about apple opening in michigan, but i really dont know about detroit.. is their even any downtown shopping type area?

off topic.. i didnt know their were very many MR members in michigan! hi! lol..
im near ann arbor quite often, as i have family in westland

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
woah dude, I live in Saginaw Michigan. The world is a very small place. I hate driving down to Novi, eats the money out of my wallet because of gas.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
woah dude, I live in Saginaw Michigan. The world is a very small place. I hate driving down to Novi, eats the money out of my wallet because of gas.

wow! i guess it is.. im still an hour more north in west branch..

dont you think the saginaw mall could support an apple store?

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Saginaw? Northern Michigan? Nah, man, Marquette is northern Michigan. Of course, an Apple store is of no use up there.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
I'd love to see an Apple store in Traverse City -- actually, I'd prefer Cadillac, but fat chance that will ever happen ;-)

I think T.C. would be a good location, though... and it might actually be big enough to meet Apple's demographic requirements. There's certainly a lot of shopping traffic up that way!

huntnboy04

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2007
MI, USA
I honestly can't believe there isn't one in the Lansing area, with Michigan State and Lansing CC, that is at least 60,000 students attending classes in about an 8 square mile area. We have a apple campus store at my university, but it's not the same. Now it's a good 1 and 45 minute drive to Grand Rapids, and I've heard bad things about that store.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I honestly can't believe there isn't one in the Lansing area, with Michigan State and Lansing CC, that is at least 60,000 students attending classes in about an 8 square mile area. We have a apple campus store at my university, but it's not the same. Now it's a good 1 and 45 minute drive to Grand Rapids, and I've heard bad things about that store.

the grand rapids store kind of feels like a jail..

i do think traverse city would be good, or even lansing. saginaw is a bit dangerous.. i dont really like going to that mall anymore (an apple store could change all that)

and i know saginaw isnt really northern michigan.. but it is a heck of a lot more north than all of the other stores :)

okay, another southern store: great lakes crossings in Auburn Hills?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.