Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I have seen this before I think, I have 10+ games id like to put in a folder, and 10+ apps I would like to put into a folder...is this possible, or do I need a mod?

I have a jailbroken/unlocked/activated 2.0 Iphone first gen.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have seen this before I think, I have 10+ games id like to put in a folder, and 10+ apps I would like to put into a folder...is this possible, or do I need a mod?

I have a jailbroken/unlocked/activated 2.0 Iphone first gen.

You would definitely need a jailbreak app for that... I know when I had my 1st gen jailbroken, there was a "starburst or sunburst" app that did something similar.. not sure if they still have it around or if it works in 2.0..

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Without jailbreaking your iPhone, you can have up to 8 or 9 "home" screens, each with slots for 16 icons. You don't have to fill each screen with icons, so you can create one page for apps, one for games, one for webclips etc. That's what I've done.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Without jailbreaking your iPhone, you can have up to 8 or 9 "home" screens, each with slots for 16 icons. You don't have to fill each screen with icons, so you can create one page for apps, one for games, one for webclips etc. That's what I've done.

Yeah, but imagine the nuisance of scrolling to that 9th screen. A folder option would be better. Better yet, a shortcut to other screens!

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Better yet, a shortcut to other screens!
Not really what you had in mind, but you can at least avoid the swiping to get to the next screen by clicking directly on the dots at the bottom of the screen. Quickly tapping a few times is a bit faster than swiping to get a few pages over. But if you start to get more than 3/4 pages it is still fairly tedious and really needs a direct shortcut...

Lightbrazer

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
Yeah I think apple will change this in a future OS update. If you limit apps to 9 pages then thats only 144 apps minus any web links you put on a home page. If the app store is gonna have thousands I can see this filling up quick. I'm already on my 5th screen. I can't see them limiting the number of apps you can have via anything other than memory limits, otherwise they're limiting sales and they'd never want to do that.

I can't see why they don't make an itues esq folder system. I mean when you go to the app store on your phone there's only like 13 categories. When you purchase the app it could automatically go to the same folder on your phone as it was in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.