Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
On my 2nd 3G phone. Both have had the typical 2.0 bugs, but one I haven't seen mentioned. At random, I get a volume icon pop up on the screen. Not often, but enough to make it annoying. I have verified my hand is no where near the volume button. Anyone else?

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I had that happen once yesterday and thought it was strange, too. I have a black 16 GB iPhone 3G.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I get the same icon as well. And I don't even have a volume button since I am using an iPod touch!

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I've had this happen to me several times. I have a 1st gen 8GB iPhone. The volume icon that shows up shows my volume as being exactly halfway between zero and full (which has no relation to the actual volume setting on my iPhone). It goes away after a second, just like if I actually pressed the volume button, and seems to have no effect on anything I'm doing. It's just kind of annoying. I assume this is another 2.0 firmware bug.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Another 2.0 bug.

My 1st gen iPhone is EXTREMELY laggy with this in 2.0. I can press my volume buttons and the volume see thru icon pops-up 5 seconds later. This could be what's happening... Sometimes it pops-up randomly as well. Another 2.0 bug.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Yup. Happened to my once a few days ago on my orig iphone with 2.0. I think the 2.0 firmware has a bad memory leak. I'm to the point of having to reset or turn off(red slider)/on every day or so.

I've also noticed that some sounds don't play after a while. For example, all the click sounds when you turn the iphone on and off go silent after a while, but are restored after I reset or turn off/on.

2.0.1 should be here soon, I think.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Yup. Happened to my once a few days ago on my orig iphone with 2.0. I think the 2.0 firmware has a bad memory leak. I'm to the point of having to reset or turn off(red slider)/on every day or so.

I've also noticed that some sounds don't play after a while. For example, all the click sounds when you turn the iphone on and off go silent after a while, but are restored after I reset or turn off/on.

2.0.1 should be here soon, I think.

The lock sounds for me slowly lag behind after pushing the button more and more the longer the day goes on until it gets to the point where the iPhone quits making the noise at all. At that point I do a hard restart to get everything back straight.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
The interesting thing is that my problems intensified over the past few days. I've updated AIM, Facebook, Mobile News, and other apps recently so I'm wondering if an app has exacerbated the problem with the firmware. If not, then it really appears like the 2.0 firmware is slowly destroying itself, ala MS Windows OSs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.