Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp719

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
I was wondering if anyone's picked up the fullbodyfilms for the 3G instead of BodyGuardz/GhostArmor/IS etc.?

iLoung rated them pretty high as far as films go, I was thinking about picking them up but was wondering if anyone else had them first.

Thanks

mikeymike88

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
I got a set and put them on. I think it looks great! I'll try to post some pictures within the next couple days.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
i was thinking about ordering this as well... is the screen protector like the power support crystal film? how's the quality? Does the back skin cover the chrome?

SimplyBlue

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Hamilton, NJ
I was wondering if anyone's picked up the fullbodyfilms for the 3G instead of BodyGuardz/GhostArmor/IS etc.?

iLoung rated them pretty high as far as films go, I was thinking about picking them up but was wondering if anyone else had them first.

Thanks

The set they sell is supposed to be the PowerCrystal front and BodyGuardz back.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
The set they sell is supposed to be the PowerCrystal front and BodyGuardz back.

This is correct, you get the PS crystal and an antiglare screen. The antiglare is great and fits with a snug 1mm gap all round from the chrome besel.

The back is the same as BG/BSE/IS.

They cut the shapes out themselves.

The screen is a doddle to fit.

The back is the usual ball ache and is currently drying. It covers all the silver besel and right up to the edge with the front. It fits well with the side buttons, the headphone jack and power port are less snug.

It looks great and except at the corners you cant see it.

It feels great, much more grippy. I have taken a load of pics, but TBH they dont do it justice and mainly looks like a normal 3G. Will upload them later.

One thing to note they do say watch out for finger prints on the sticky side as this may show up on a white 3G.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
iLounge just posted a review:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/fullbodyfilms-protection-pack-for-iphone-3g/

They say its the best out of all the body films so far.

Yep those pics are far clearer than mine.

Its all on now and looks and feels really good, makes it feel very high quality especially the antiglare screen. I've not noticed any loss in clarity with the antiglare.

$20.50 all in to UK and 5 working days for delivery.

Thumbs up to FBF from me.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
Yep those pics are far clearer than mine.

Its all on now and looks and feels really good, makes it feel very high quality especially the antiglare screen. I've not noticed any loss in clarity with the antiglare.

$20.50 all in to UK and 5 working days for delivery.

Thumbs up to FBF from me.
whats the screen protector like for bubbles?
i had a screen protector a few years ago on an old phone and it was very bubbly. i have an IS on my iphone, which is applied with liquid, but hate the back of the IS

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
whats the screen protector like for bubbles?
i had a screen protector a few years ago on an old phone and it was very bubbly. i have an IS on my iphone, which is applied with liquid, but hate the back of the IS

The screen is perfect, no bubbles and was v easy to apply (seconds). Just needed to realign with sellotape (sticky back plastic). No liquid

The back also has no bubbles but applyed with liquid. Corners are OK, hopefully will be better with drying over night.

I think the main thing for me is the feel of both the screen and the back is imporved (to my suprise as it feel great out of the box) considerably than the naked 3G

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
I find full body films rather embarrassing. Like covering your sofa with plastic. Get a case or not, but to wrap the entire iPhone in bubbles is just ridiculous.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
I find full body films rather embarrassing. Like covering your sofa with plastic. Get a case or not, but to wrap the entire iPhone in bubbles is just ridiculous.

The back of fullbodyfilms, which is bodyguardz, isnt very good at scratch protection. If u key it, it will leave the keyed indention in the film. IS on the other hand is scratch resistant. YOu can key it 100times in a row and it wont show anything at all. i would recommend the IS for the back and either the IS for the front or the antiglare screen which is rather good.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008

No bubbles anywhere on mine. You can only see it up close in the rear corner.

It feels so much better in you hand texture wise than the naked 3g but still retains it's great shape. Don't know about protection, must be better than nothing. Obviousily not as good as dedicated case for protection but then loose the feel/look of it unless you like the holster yankey look.

Also am smudge free on the front and the back which is a big plus to me.

iphone3guy

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2008
Ive had fullbodyfilms on my iphone, my ipod touch and have just got it for the iPhone 3G. I read about them on a different review website, which gave them the highest rankings out of all of them. Someone posted that IS (invisible shield) had better scratch protection?? its all the same type of film!(accept IS got the lowest ranking of the 3 top film brands!) lol and fullbodyfilms is scratch proof, ive sent mine down the stairs a couple times and i havent had any scratching. the other user who said it was embarrassing... the films are not visible! they look better than some goofy pink/orange/red or bulky plastic or rubber case... the films preserve the aesthetic qualities of the apple design while protecting it. It would be more embarrassing to have a scratched up iphone than one covered in a non-visable layer of plastic, which is rather easy to put on. For 17usd, its worth every cent. The other great film is NLU BodyGuards, a bit heavier on the wallet, but a good product, the screen film isnt as good as FBF though... but still a GREAT product!

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Ive had fullbodyfilms on my iphone, my ipod touch and have just got it for the iPhone 3G. I read about them on a different review website, which gave them the highest rankings out of all of them. Someone posted that IS (invisible shield) had better scratch protection?? its all the same type of film!(accept IS got the lowest ranking of the 3 top film brands!) lol and fullbodyfilms is scratch proof, ive sent mine down the stairs a couple times and i havent had any scratching. the other user who said it was embarrassing... the films are not visible! they look better than some goofy pink/orange/red or bulky plastic or rubber case... the films preserve the aesthetic qualities of the apple design while protecting it. It would be more embarrassing to have a scratched up iphone than one covered in a non-visable layer of plastic, which is rather easy to put on. For 17usd, its worth every cent. The other great film is NLU BodyGuards, a bit heavier on the wallet, but a good product, the screen film isnt as good as FBF though... but still a GREAT product!

+ 1. am suprised everyone posts about IS/BG/BSE all the time. Prob cos FBF website is a bit basic and they dont do any marketting or have distributer. Anyhow, not my prob, v happy with mine.

shush1

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
Hi how can I get fullbody sent to the UK?
I need it delivered to the UK, can anyone elp?

Cheers

m98evolution

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
I installed the fullbodyfilms on my phone last week and it is still holding up great. I did the install in a steamy bathroom to keep the dust down and just took my time when applying the film. No bubbles at all. I used a nail clipper to trim the sides so they fit perfectly now. The finish is great and there is no "orange peel" effect. I had the Power Support anti-glare film before and the one included in the FBF set is identical and is great! Furthermore, the film helps my phone to fit perfectly in the SwtichEasy Neo that I use when I need more protection. Overall, after trying various film sets, the fullbodyfilms is the best IMHO. Just take your time and it should turn out great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.