Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

destructo21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
How do you restore a Jailbroken iphone 3g, I used winpwn and it went great it was easy. But after a couple of days I just want to restore the OS to the original 2.0 and Just need help on how to do that.

destructo21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Ok, now do I have to uninstall itunes and then reninstall since when I winpwn it said itunes was owned or whatever it said?

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
No. You do not have to mess with iTunes.

All you have to do is click on restore and you will get your normal not-jailbreaked iPhone 3G back.

ivtecDOu

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2008
mass
i restored but not everything went back to normal, i changed the battery icon to numbers and its still like this after the restore.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACK UP!

I forgot to mention that - if you restore using a backup from a previously jailbreaked phone then the jailbreaked application settings get put back on the phone even if its been restored to original apple firmware.

That is why you have numbers there.

Restore and set it up as new.

And to the thread starter if you notice any strange behaviour (ie crashes etc) restore and set the phone up as new (unless you already did that!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.