Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
ok when i try to update the apps that are available it says "this discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item .to purchase this item at full price press ok" what do i do two of the apps are free from the app store and the other one is cBR

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Are you trying to re-download, or are you using the update pannel in the App Store? I would suggest using the iTunes App Store interface, and try checking for updates there.

TEG

gre9del

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
This happens to me as well, and if It's a pay app and I hit buy it gives me another error. If it's a free app and I hit buy then it works. It's really annoying because it means I can't update apps from the iphone at all, I have to wait till I get home to update them. Dumb. :cool:

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Are you trying to re-download, or are you using the update pannel in the App Store? I would suggest using the iTunes App Store interface, and try checking for updates there.

TEG

This doesn't work very well currently. Each time I update an app via the iTunes App store updater, the file gets named something new like "Super Monkey Ball 3.ipa" Though when I sync it, it never updates on the phone because iTunes is still referencing the "Super Monkey Ball.ipa"

My luck has been better updating via the phone and then syncing to iTunes.

gre9del

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
This doesn't work very well currently. Each time I update an app via the iTunes App store updater, the file gets named something new like "Super Monkey Ball 3.ipa" Though when I sync it, it never updates on the phone because iTunes is still referencing the "Super Monkey Ball.ipa"

My luck has been better updating via the phone and then syncing to iTunes.

Unfortunately, that is when I get the error. Itunes just states that there are no updates available, so I'm assuming that the files on itunes aren't copying over when I sync. :mad:

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
This App Store Update thing doesn't work very well. I dl'ed the updates via iTunes, sync my phone and I get an error message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.