Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhclarke

macrumors newbie
Man I hope that this turns out to be legit- I used to do a DUN with my treo all the time, it was awesome for places where there was no form of WiFi access (like grandmas house) or places that charge you up the wall for access. Ten bucks it totally worth it if you consider that a T-Mobile WiFi Hot Spot Day pass is the same price for only 24 hours.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Yeah, I was waiting for a few more people to download it and now it is gone. So sad, could have used it.

Oct 31, 2005
Well THIS SUCKS, REALLY SUCKS. Why can't apple and att makes this standard, I would def pay a couple bucks extra a month or so to tether every now and then

Maybe they accidentally released it early? And ATT is coming out with a tether package?

babyj

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
I just installed it on my 1st gen iPhone (so EDGE only), config on my MacBook and the iPhone took a couple of minutes and it works. This post is proof of that as I'm typing it on my MacBook with an internet connection via my iPhone.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
My one problem: didn't nullriver make the installer app for the jailbreak? That dumb thing crashed, broke, and the ipod had to be restored on my friends ipod. :mad:

Then your friend is too dumb to be hacking his iphone.

Installer.app is just about a modern marvel. If you had any idea how much work went into the jailbreak, unlock, and installer program, and how successful it was (like appstore much?), you would choose your words more carefully. The installation process was horrendously complicated, and for a while, if it was done not quite perfectly, you'd have to give it a couple tries until you got it right. If you were so timid that you consider that a big deal, then you should not be hacking anything.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
If it did get pulled for AT&T reasons, it baffles me as to how an app could go through all the steps, whatever those are, and get approved to launch on the app store without somebody realizing the obvious and denying the app.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty sure they didnt label the app as created to tether your laptop via the iphone...they checked if it was stable and approved it.

Oct 31, 2005
Yea I've already jailbroken and tethered that way, but a simple application would be a world better.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I am super pissed that this is gone. I was searching around on the net, 20 minutes tops, for other people who have got it to work before buying it. Then I went to buy it and it came up with the no longer available message. Teasing SOBs. I REALLY WANTED THIS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.