Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corn Chips

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
I just restored my phone, and I still have the same picture as my wallpaper. I even deleted the pic off my phone.

I choose another one to put as the wallpaper, but it still won't change.
Should I just restore it as a new phone, not using my backup?

msmaron

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I just restored my phone, and I still have the same picture as my wallpaper. I even deleted the pic off my phone.

I choose another one to put as the wallpaper, but it still won't change.
Should I just restore it as a new phone, not using my backup?

The same problem 100%, what i had to do was start over and when i restored the phone you MUST make sure you do it as a NEW PHONE.. You have a CORRUPT picture and if you use the restore that you backed up with you will have the same problem..
m

Cjtr

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
I had the same problem I put it in dfu mode and resotred it with itunes
hope this works, CJTR

Ozzhead

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
So back up all my pictures and everything then goto restore as new? Also i can have itunes put my apps back on right?

volcomc

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
LAME! Same problem, sliders and lock screen wallpaper are stuck. I've already had to restore my phone 4 times and it is such a hastle. Please let me know if there is any alternate way to fix this.

Ozzhead

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Fixed it, jsut back up all your pictures/contacts outside of itunes. Then goto restore but dont load any restore file. And sync everything over again but DONT sync the picture that wont come off the background.

This worked for me.. but now i lost all my apps since i downloaded them from the phone..any way to get them back besides one by one?

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
I had the same problem this morning and it was really annoying me. I did alittle searching on Google and found the answer to the problem. You need to SSH into your phone and do as follows: ---->

* SSH into your iPhone or iPod with your normal programm that you use.
* Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library and delete the file named "LockBackground.jpg". Delete the file.
* Then goto Settings>General>Wallpaper and select your desired wallpaper.

This worked fine for me and now i can change my wallpaper!!
:apple:Matt:apple:

OW22

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
This was a big issue with Customize. It would lock your wallpaper. best solution as described is simply SSH in and delete that lockedwallpaper file.

I eventually took customize off my phone. Its c**p, it changed all my default icons as well to something else. Stick with Winterboard for the icon changes.

msmaron

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I had the same problem this morning and it was really annoying me. I did alittle searching on Google and found the answer to the problem. You need to SSH into your phone and do as follows: ---->

* SSH into your iPhone or iPod with your normal programm that you use.
* Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library and delete the file named "LockBackground.jpg". Delete the file.
* Then goto Settings>General>Wallpaper and select your desired wallpaper.

This worked fine for me and now i can change my wallpaper!!
:apple:Matt:apple:

"How do you SSH into you phone?? Can you help me there??
Mark

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
to SSH into your phone. you need a Wifi connection.
First. download a program like (FUGU for Mac) or Iphone Browser for windows. Then, go on your iphone into settings>wifi>and then click the little arrow, and it will show you your IP address that your iphone is using on wifi...

Then go into FUGU and in the box that says Connect to: enter root@(your IP address) Example : root@111.111.111 and then for directory, put 22.

Then click connect, it will then ask for a password. the default is: alpine, however make sure you later change this.

It will then log into your iphones file system. and then follow the previous instructions on finding the file and deleting it. if you need more help, IM me on AIM : xxblazin28xx

-Matt

Barman91

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
fugu isnt accepting the password but if i do it thru terminal i get in..but the problem with terminal is if u do the remove file comand it says that the directory doesnt exist :S

okay i got it fixed...with the version of fugu i have u dont need to put root@*ipaddress* u only put ur ip address
secondly change the username to root and u should get in

thanks AAAAAAAALLLLLLLOOOOOOTTTTTTT now to get rid of this stuck pixel :(

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Have you ever changed your password? The defaults are what I put on that post, however, There is another default password, I dont remember it off the top of my head, but its been posted on here. At worst case, goto http://www.modmyifone.com and do a search there. That is a site similar to this with alot of information on the iPhone and iTouch.
-Matt

nitschi

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Vienna, Austria
Just in case someone else is experiencing problems with a wallpaper/lock-screen-background he can't change:

try to set the permissions for the file /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg to 777 (to allow "programs" to delete/replace/overwrite the file)

I had the same problem and after re-setting the permissions to 777 I can change the wallpaper again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.