Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watermelon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Soooo whenever I download a theme through cydia. It doesn't apply itself.
I'll download it, when its done, I'll touch the button saying "back to cydia" then I'll turn the phone off and turn it on and nothing will happen.
I've also download bossprefs, and i'll choose the respring button, yet nothing happens? This isn't with one theme in particular, I've tried downloading at least 3 different themes, and none of them have applied.
However, I downloaded the new at&t logo, and the change phone dialer tweak which have both worked?

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

BermanOC

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
anyone know where 3Proxy is? i cant find that (sorry a tad off topic)

3Proxy is still there along with all the other apps you might have noticed are "missing".

With the new version of Cydia, you were asked upon first starting if you were a User, a Hacker or a Dev. If you chose "User" all the command-line based apps (like 3proxy) were hidden. BigBoss says this was because people who didn't know better complained they would install apps that would never show up on their SpringBoard, so he created the User mode that hides those apps.

Just go back into the settings and choose Hacker.

Sumtime19

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
Search Winterboard and everything that comes up is a background that's compatible with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.