Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
It probably just means it includes the January update.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 269

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
You were right. It had the January update, at least 1.1.4, but won't have 2.0 on it. I turned one on and checked.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
Let's face facts: Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. aren't going to have new iPod Touch's available in store or in their ads before we hear about them. :D

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
haha I LOVE IT..

everyone always has to drop their prices in order to sell in Walmart because walmart wants them too. When walmart says jump...everyone says how high. But with apple..that ipod touch is a whole 2 dollars cheaper and i bet you walmart had to drop it themselves. haha its great.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
haha I LOVE IT..

everyone always has to drop their prices in order to sell in Walmart because walmart wants them too. When walmart says jump...everyone says how high. But with apple..that ipod touch is a whole 2 dollars cheaper and i bet you walmart had to drop it themselves. haha its great.

Haha. It's true.

devobail

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
haha I LOVE IT..

Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

You guys kill me with this Apple worship.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

I beg to differ. Apple does not need anyone to sell their stuff. People who carry it do so because they know Apple items make money.

IDK, but I just dont see why apple NEEDS Walmart in the same way Colgate, Coke and Hanes NEEDS walmart.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
I beg to differ. Apple does not need anyone to sell their stuff. People who carry it do so because they know Apple items make money.

IDK, but I just dont see why apple NEEDS Walmart in the same way Colgate, Coke and Hanes NEEDS walmart.

I agree. The price difference merely reflects WalMart's attempts at staying lowest prices. Apple product prices are as firm as they get. Target, Wal-Mart and every retailer do what they can to appear cheaper.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX

And you kill me with your Walmart worship? :confused:

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama

Just because some of us dislike WalMart doesn't mean we worship Apple. It means we have common sense.

We don't have to "Think Different" to think :D

devobail

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
I agree. The price difference merely reflects WalMart's attempts at staying lowest prices. Apple product prices are as firm as they get. Target, Wal-Mart and every retailer do what they can to appear cheaper.

Believe that if you want. Read up a little on Walmarts business practices, then maybe you'll see. You cant truly believe Walmart pays a "firm" price for anything, let alone an expensive so called luxery item like an Ipod. Apple needs places like walmart to reach the masses, the mother or grandma that on a whim decides to pick up that cool new ipod for little billy. Walmart sells a ton more ipods then the Apple store does and probably most other retailers. So dont for a second think that Apple can do without places like Walmart

devobail

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
And you kill me with your Walmart worship? :confused:

Actually I hate Walmart, they're mostly non-union, and there business practices are driving smaller mom and pop stores out of business. I was just pointing out the FACT that no company not even the great Apple gets into Walmart without taking a loss, however small it may be.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

DeaconGraves said:
Just because some of us dislike WalMart doesn't mean we worship Apple. It means we have common sense.

We don't have to "Think Different" to think :D

You misunderstood me, I was just shocked of someone defending Walmart.

I was agreeing with you. I just should have quoted the post we were against instead of yours. Sorry!

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Actually I hate Walmart, they're mostly non-union, and there business practices are driving smaller mom and pop stores out of business. I was just pointing out the FACT that no company not even the great Apple gets into Walmart without taking a loss, however small it may be.

Gotcha. I just got scared there for a minute. :p

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Well lets ask Steve about this one, since obviously we are all guessing about the true relationship between apple and walmart and hes the one that probably personnally oversaw the walmart issue.

I still stand by my claim that Apple doesnt need Walmart. If you go to any store's website (including Walmart) you will see the prices are not lower than at Apple's store (maybe minus $1.73 or something). Yes apple might have bulk shipping prices, but that would be for every store, not just walmart. Also, if you look at walmart, they are throwing extra stuff at you such as walmart gift cards when you buy an ipod..which is telling me they obviously couldnt beat the price of other stores so they are trying to bribe you with gift cards.

This "power" that walmart has over apple..I am just not seeing it..but again..we need to ask Steve to reach the truth.

OffBrand

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
A $400 item knocked down to $397? HOT DAMN, what a deal!! :rolleyes: Seriously, I think Wal-Mart's pricing is intended to have some psychological affect on shoppers. A sticker price of $1.96 looks a lot cheaper compared to $2.00 even if there's barely much of a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.