Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob vansteel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)

You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!

bob vansteel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!

Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!

Whoa! I wanted to buy mine online when they released, but there are very few Mac users where I live, so not too many people at all knew about the new iPods, so I bought mine at Circuit City. If they would have built an Apple Store here it'd be great, as I had to wait for my iMac to come in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.