Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
Ive just cleaned out a load of Nikon DSLR stuff, and Ive just got a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8mm APO HSM Macro lens + case + 77mm Sigma UV Filter & 77mm Hoya Circular Poliarizer, It's about 2 years old and in tiptop condition, Now If i was to sell this, what kind of figure would be a realistic asking price?
This is one of those moments when it's a case of Should I Sell it or Should I Keep it? I'm thinking about replacing it with a Nikon 18-200mm VR, It's just a bit impracticle for what i want in size and weight.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Ive just cleaned out a load of Nikon DSLR stuff, and Ive just got a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8mm APO HSM Macro lens + case + 77mm Sigma UV Filter & 77mm Hoya Circular Poliarizer, It's about 2 years old and in tiptop condition, Now If i was to sell this, what kind of figure would be a realistic asking price?
This is one of those moments when it's a case of Should I Sell it or Should I Keep it? I'm thinking about replacing it with a Nikon 18-200mm VR, It's just a bit impracticle for what i want in size and weight.

Don't know about UK prices, I think they are generally about double US prices. But over here the Sigma would sell for considerable less then the Nikon lens with the same specs. Maybe about 2/3rds the price of the Nikon. The trouble is trying to decide which nikon to match it up with. The older push/pull 80-200 f/2.8 or the newer one wit the zoom ring. Used prices on those are about $425 to $650 respectively. I'd say the Sigma HSm is more like the newer Nikon.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Don't compare it to the Nikon. Compare it to itself, or at least the newer version. In the States the newer version of the Sigma sells for $800. Obviously you wouldn't get as much for the older model, plus it's used, but you do have the filters. I don't know... if it's in tip-top shape, then maybe... $600 in the US with the filters (though it depends how high quality the filters are).

Work out the equivalent poundage.

wadejc85

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
PA

Sell and replace with Nikon, if the Nikon isn't too much more expensive. I'm a Canon guy myself, but it's ok, I forgive you. :p

Don't compare it to the Nikon. Compare it to itself, or at least the newer version. In the States the newer version of the Sigma sells for $800. Obviously you wouldn't get as much for the older model, plus it's used, but you do have the filters. I don't know... if it's in tip-top shape, then maybe... $600 in the US with the filters (though it depends how high quality the filters are).

Work out the equivalent poundage.

That seems about right if it's in tip-top shape. If it has scratches and whatnot, I'd say $450-$550.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.