Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
I don't understand what i'm doing wrong here, but I can't seem to delete a few songs off of my iphone. Please read what i've done so far, and contribute then if you have any productive suggestions. =)

1.) I've deleted the 2 songs I no longer want, off of my computer
2.) I've removed the 2 songs, from my itunes library
3.) I've re-sync'd my iphone

They still show up on the iphone...

4.) I removed ALL of the songs I have on my computer, from my itunes library. Rebooted, and re-added the songs to the library. Remember, the other 2 songs i didnt want are no longer even on my pc.
5.) Re-sync'd my iphone

They still show up on the iphone...

I think the issue, is that the iphone keeps "backing up" in itunes... and the backup file has those 2 songs in it.

What can I do about this? I REALLY do not want to do a restore and I really don't want to reset all settings.... so do i have any other options?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys / gals.

EDIT: I've also installed 2.0.1 this morning and tried it all over again after the update....

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Bump

UPDATE:

I didn't receive any responses on this forum... so i just tried and tried and tried again to find the answer.

Eventually I figured out that the way to fix this is by "unchecking" the option to sync the music. Then, you sync the iphone. It will sync everything except the music.

Then, you can re-check "sync music"... but this time make sure on the Summary screen, you check the box that says manually manage music, and only sync checked songs.

Then, sync the iphone again. I worked after a couple times.

Darth-V

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2015
found it

I was having the same problem with my iPhone 4s literally 5 minutes ago. I think I have an easier solution that I just now figured out, and I figured I should let it be known here for future reference.
Do the same thing you normally would and delete the song file off of itunes and off of your phone. If it's no longer on the computer but is still on your phone, just;
*leave the phone plugged in (it should be fine) and manually open your music app on your phone.
*then find the song in the songs list and swipe left
*it should give you an option to delete the song
it worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.