Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlintAlt2

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Ok so I bought my iMac ( first Mac ) Back at the end of June and received it on July 7th.

I love it.

Only 1 problem. The Mighty Mouse. The right clicks only register like 70% of the time and the scroll wheel gets stuck like every 1 or 2 hours of use. I live in Spain where its hot and I have sweaty hands. Thus meaning I get a lot of dirt on my might mouse even If I wash my hands repeatedly 20 times a day.

My middle button now broke because I used the technique of using a piece of paper, holding the mouse upside down and "rolling" it several times to clean out the mess. I've had to do this at least 3 times a day. Now the middle button doesn't work. It just gets registered as a right click. Makes a weird sound when I roll the ball upwards.

Ok so analysis over my Mighty Mouse is f****.

Thing is should I get another mouse or replace it with another Mighty Mouse. I love the Mighty Mouse but its really not practical.

Any help?

Cheers

signatus

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Andalucía, Spain
Don't know exactly where you live in Spain, but down here in Andalusia, by far the hottest part of Spain, we don't have that "sweat" problem that broke your MM: we use air conditioning :D
No more jokes now. Tell Apple about your problems with the Mighty Mouse because maybe it has some defect. It's weird it broke after only a month use. IMHO, the Mighty Mouse looks stunning and works smooth. The best mouse I ever had. I love it.

FlintAlt2

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Don't know exactly where you live in Spain, but down here in Andalusia, by far the hottest part of Spain, we don't have that "sweat" problem that broke your MM: we use air conditioning :D
No more jokes now. Tell Apple about your problems with the Mighty Mouse because maybe it has some defect. It's weird it broke after only a month use. IMHO, the Mighty Mouse looks stunning and works smooth. The best mouse I ever had. I love it.

I live Near Sotogrande in the Campo. its about 42 degrees. I have no air conditioning in my campo house :(.

I love it too but it broke by me cleaning it to often. I had to clean it or it wouldn't scroll. So either I have it not scrolling or I wear the thing out crazy.

:( ... I love my Mighty Mouse though.

Anyone know if Apple is in the works of a new Mouse?

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
The right clicks only register like 70% of the time and the scroll wheel gets stuck like every 1 or 2 hours of use.

There is a trick to getting right clicks to register properly. When you do the click, make sure you're index finger is not resting on the left side of the mouse. I guess when Apple designed the mouse they just assumed that most people raise their index finger when they right-click. Cheers.

signatus

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Andalucía, Spain
I live Near Sotogrande in the Campo. its about 42 degrees. I have no air conditioning in my campo house :(.
Wow. Nice place. Well, very very nice place. You're just lucky of living there... except for the air conditioning. In other parts of the world, air conditioning is a luxury; in Andalusia it is a need.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley

+1 I second that. Although I bought the wireless bluetooth version, it's still the same thing. But go contact Apple, it's a product defect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.