Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
I'm sorry, but how do you right/secondary click?

i learned this couple days ago. first, let me state my disatisfaction that apple doesnt have a right click. to set an image as your desktop, simply click your mouse whilst hitting the ctrl button.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
i learned this couple days ago. first, let me state my disatisfaction that apple doesnt have a right click. to set an image as your desktop, simply click your mouse whilst hitting the ctrl button.

The Mighty Mouse has right click, and the laptops have right click built-in using the trackpad. And right clicks are supported on third-party mice.

Retired
May 16, 2006

If you're on a laptop go to System preferences->Keyboard&Mouse->Trackpad->Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
first, let me state my disatisfaction that apple doesnt have a right click.

It's called two-finger clicking on laptops (which is actually better IMO as it not only looks better, but you don't actually have to move your finger), and configurable buttons on the Mighty Mouse for desktops. Old Macs were Ctrl+Click for their single button mice, however previous to Mac OS X there wasn't really much to actually Ctrl+Click on (and literally nothing on Mac OS 7 and below).

Since 1983, Apple has never made any mouse with an actual "right-click" button... I don't see why they should start now.

trcwest

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
no set as backround right click...

Hi i have riht click enabled fine on my mbp leopard 2.5ghx intel mac.

But there is no set a background for any image format...

I have to go in to the system preferences and set it as one and this is seriously tedious...

is there an extension or something that i can turn on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.