Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mambwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I am trying to sync my iPhone and it is "stuck" on syncing contacts. I have tried a few times and the same result. My contacts are on my phone but I can't put any music on my phone since it is "stuck" on syncing contacts.

How do I fix this?

It is now 35+ minutes and it is still trying to sync my contacts!!

mambwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Can anyone help with this? I am still having the same problem. I plug in my iPhone and it is trying to sync my contacts. But for someone reason does not seem to get past this. I have read in other posts about the same issue that another window opens up about a conflict in their contacts. This isn't happening for me. There are no new windows opening up. Nothing different is happening.

Please help me figure out what is wrong with my iPhone!!

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Do you have any contacts in your iPhone that aren't in your computer? If not, I would try telling iTunes to overwrite the iPhone's contacts with your computer's contacts. That may help.

mambwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Do you have any contacts in your iPhone that aren't in your computer? If not, I would try telling iTunes to overwrite the iPhone's contacts with your computer's contacts. That may help.

I don't mean to sound like a dope, but where would I make these changes? I am using a powerbook.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
With the iPhone plugged in, under the "info" tab, go all the way down. At the bottom of the page are the advanced options. Choose "replace information on this iPhone:" and check Contacts. That will overwrite the contacts on your iPhone instead of comparing the two, which might be what is hanging it up.

Let me know if that wasn't clear. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.