Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAlba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Why would they change the battery indicator color in different screens.

TonyV125

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
different background drives different battery color

I was wondering the same thing for quite some time (regarding the green vs gray battery icon in the upper-right). It seems like any page that utilizes the black background,displays a gray battery icon. Pages/apps hat utilize the gray bar at the top of the page (safari, email, etc.) display the icon in green. This is obviously to provide contrast, but it seems like just using green consistently would have sufficed.

jaypunkrawk

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
Lewisville, TX
I would prefer one look and feel ala OS X Leopard, but it's something they may address in the future. It actually doesn't bother me too much. The dark theme seems to match the springboard well, whereas the colorful theme matches the other apps well. I think I would prefer the dark theme through out. It's sleek!

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
It's green when the UI is white (such as in many apps), and grey when the UI is black (such as when navigating music and other other screens). Pretty simple, IMO.

I really like it, actually. I'm surprised you guys find it jarring or whatever.

RobLikesBrunch

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
It's just the color of your battery indicator app...who gives a damn what color it is? The things people complain about on this forum simply amazes me. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.