Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonics

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I cant seem to activate my Rogers.com email..... i had it working before with 2.0
then i upgraded to 2.0.1 Jailbroken.... and now i cant activate my rogers... anyone have the exact IMAP and SMTP server names that i have to use??? or is it a FW issue??? please help!

Nukey

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2007
If you want to use POP email then:
pop.broadband.rogers.com
smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Using IMAP is way better, though. You maintain your folder structure and don't have to sift through all of the junk mail that ends up in your inbox folder.

To use IMAP click on Yahoo Mail (instead of other) and type in your rogers email and password. Since our email service is "Rogers Yahoo!" it will work just fine and give you IMAP access.

OttawaBob

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
This Worked for Me...

Regarding this Sender Name not Valid issue with Rogers email on the Iphone, I found a solution which worked for me.

In the SMTP Settings for POP.broadband.rogers.com, I went to the SMTP: SMTP.broadband.rogers.com page settings page. From there I went to the Primary Server (SMTP.broadband.rogers.com) settings page.

On this page it has that the User Name and Password could be optional. I had initially left this information blank. However, after inputting my user name and password, and saving the configuration, I am now able to successfully send email.

Hopefully this "fix" may work for some of you who use Rogers email on their IPhones.

Bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.