Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Googon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Okay, so we all know that the magnet cord will prevent your laptop from crashing to the floor. However, doesn't this leave exposed metal? I have three very stupid cats that would probably enjoy messing around with the cord and they might end up licking it because they like shiny things (No I am not kidding, when I say stupid, I mean stupid... One was born a runt, the other is really fat, and the other one is just silly.. xD)

So yeah, should I be worried about this? The last thing I want is my cat to be fried.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I think your cats chewing through the wire would be a bigger issue. The end metal part has some safety features that make it so it would be extremely hard for your cats to chock themselves by licking the exposed metal.

Googon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Okay good, my cats don't chew wires anymore, I spray the crap out of them. They completely ruin my Xbox360 headset >.<! And two pairs of headphones.

Oh well, its a good thing they won't get shocked, the last thing I'd want is for my cat Mr. Muggles to die :(... He is my big fat boogy woogums. (He also weights 28 pounds, and my dad threw his back out picking him up LOL!)

I love talking about my cats, I am going to be a crazy cat lady some day, except I am a guy, but crazy cat guy just doesn't make sense..

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
haha... I don't even know how to respond to that. Maybe you and my sister should get together, she's a bit of a crazy dog girl.

Crazy Cat Guy meet Crazy Dog Girl.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
From what you say its the silly one id be most worried about. The fat one... well could he jump up as far as a table to lick the metal pins on your laptop? :p ps cats hate orange peel so you could just rub all of your wires with that!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.