Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianJeL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
So heres the situation....
I upgraded a friends computer to Leopard, i forget what the previous version is. When i finished installing everything worked

About a week later she asked me why her iPhoto doesnt work.

When you click on iphoto the error is "You cannot use this version of the application iPhoto with this version of Mac OS X"

The version of the application is 2.0.1. Is there an upgrade that i can use somewhere or install on the Leopard install disc or that i can download?

Im a PC tech thats why she came to me, for the most part apple software is new to me.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
The version of the application is 2.0.1.

Well the latest version to date is : 7.1.4

I think its time for an upgrade :D

You can get iPhoto with the Apple iLife Package, online and in Apple Stores / Dealerships

Sells for $79. Although I'm sure you could get your hands on older versions I'm not sure what the minimum version is required for Leopard.

BrianJeL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
i have a old version 6.0.6 that should work but it wont let me install it until i delete the old version

is it possible to save the pic data file so that all the pictures wont have to be re uploaded and i can upload it later?

and to uninstall i just have to drag the application to the trash correct?

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
If I recall correctly the file structure for storing photos in iPhoto used to be a bit of a mess. (at present its still a bit of a mess but its a hidden mess)

At the end of the day your stuck without iPhoto, so the only way is to move forward. Make a backup of the photos folder and store that outside of the pictures section of the home directory. Remove iPhoto 2 and install iPhoto 6.

Having only done an upgrade from 2-3 myself, I'm guessing that the newer version of iPhoto should upgrade the old structure, thus making the data appear in the application. If that isn't the case then another method will be needed, hence the backup would be useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.