Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cranberry24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Okay, so I have three .7z packages, when I unpack them one by one, I get 3 .iso files, which I can't open. When I double click the .iso file, like I do with any .iso, it won't mount, instead I get this:

Picture1-4.png

(Yeah, Final Fantasy, but don't worry, I have the original CD's, BUT, the second one is damaged and my PSX can't read it any more, I suppose this is not illegal as I have the originals in my possession? If it is, I'm sorry and this topic can be closed!)

Can anyone help me with this? I figure it's not possible that all the packages are corrupted/damaged??

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Because ISOs disk image files and are not mountable in OS X. You need to burn it to a CD and then run it from the burnt disc.

Captain Pyro

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
The Sunny NE of England
doesn't disk utility let you mount and burn .iso images?

if not, toast or similar will do the job of making discs from your iso's. If you can get them onto a windows box somehow, nero will do the job.

The Unarchiver (in the applications folder on 10.4.11, don't know about earlier) will handle 7zips just fine...

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
doesn't disk utility let you mount and burn .iso images?

if not, toast or similar will do the job of making discs from your iso's. If you can get them onto a windows box somehow, nero will do the job.

The Unarchiver (in the applications folder on 10.4.11, don't know about earlier) will handle 7zips just fine...

But the point is that the OP as to burn it, not mount them directly.

Cranberry24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Because ISOs disk image files and are not mountable in OS X. You need to burn it to a CD and then run it from the burnt disc.

Well I'm sorry but I can't really find myself in that, as I have a great number of ISO's which do mount in OS X, I will try burning now, maybe that will change something.

THEN I have a second "case", I have this ISO that gives me this error when trying to open it:

Picture1-5.png

I have burnt the ISO file (see picture one for details), see picture two for the CD, and picture three for the mounted ISO.

Picture One:
Picture6-2.png

Picture Two:
Picture4-2.png

Picture Three:
Picture5-2.png

As you can see, the ISO is a rather big size, yet when mounted or burnt, it doesn't contain a single file... See the twee pictures below:

Picture3-2.png

Picture2-2.png

I have absolutely no idea what the problem might be...

Captain Pyro

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
The Sunny NE of England
right back at the beginning, you said that the original of this disc was not readable by your psx. Do i understand this to mean that it's not a mac disc image you're trying to mount? Surely if that is the case, then all you want to do is burn it in a hurry and get back to playing FF on your psx?

I could try and mount an image of, say, visual studio pro 2008 for xp on my mac, but i wouldn't expect to be able to do much useful with once it was mounted, ISO files are just 1:1 copies of the original disc- format, filesystem, lead in, the lot. I know I can burn ISOs of windows software using DiskUtilities, as I've made backups this way myself.

? Maybe the decompacted archives are corrupt if the disc is damaged and that is why they are unmountable? just a (bad) thought.

Cranberry24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
right back at the beginning, you said that the original of this disc was not readable by your psx. Do i understand this to mean that it's not a mac disc image you're trying to mount? Surely if that is the case, then all you want to do is burn it in a hurry and get back to playing FF on your psx?

I could try and mount an image of, say, visual studio pro 2008 for xp on my mac, but i wouldn't expect to be able to do much useful with once it was mounted, ISO files are just 1:1 copies of the original disc- format, filesystem, lead in, the lot. I know I can burn ISOs of windows software using DiskUtilities, as I've made backups this way myself.

? Maybe the decompacted archives are corrupt if the disc is damaged and that is why they are unmountable? just a (bad) thought.

Oops, my bad, I forgot to add that the ISO's are for emulation... I need the disc(s) to mount, so my psx emulation software will see them as a CD, and can thus emulate them... I can't burn the ISO's for my PSX since it's not chipped or anything, the defected disc is an original, and my PSX can't read copies... (The ISO's should contain ROMs, I believe)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.