Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwifferdill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Minnesota
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G that won't recognize my At&t prepaid sim card when I install it. I have tried winpwn as well as quickpwn to jailbreak and same result. The phone also does not recognize the sim card of my friend who actually has an At&t plan for his first generation iPhone. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!

Edit: I realized I had to restore using Winpwn and not click the "activate" button. All works well.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G that won't recognize my prepaid sim card when I install it. I have tried winpwn as well as quickpwn to jailbreak and same result. The phone also does not recognize the sim card of my friend who actually has an At&t plan for his first generation iPhone. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!

THERE IS NOOOOOOO UNLOCK AVALIBLE FOR IPHONE 3G....MAYBE READ UP ALITTLE BIT BEFORE YOU TRY SOMETHING

jwifferdill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Minnesota
THERE IS NOOOOOOO UNLOCK AVALIBLE FOR IPHONE 3G....MAYBE READ UP ALITTLE BIT BEFORE YOU TRY SOMETHING

Hey Vern,

I'm well aware there is no unlock. Did I ask for one? I am using a prepaid At&t card, and no thanks to you I solved the problem on my own. I'm not sure reading is your strong suite so perhaps maybe you should practice what you preach.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Hey Vern,

I'm well aware there is no unlock. Did I ask for one? I am using a prepaid At&t card, and no thanks to you I solved the problem on my own. I'm not sure reading is your strong suite so perhaps maybe you should practice what you preach.

har, i saw that coming a mile away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.