Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxDie

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
Bigger Screens

Will all the models of every apple device have bigger screens because everything is bigger in texas

Good Job apple you figured out how to have bigger screens without raising the cost to anyone... thank you

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Whens my town coming? ;)

spacedout17

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Texas
Thank Goodness!! I have been waiting for this! Now I don't have to go all the way to South Lake or Dallas to go to an apple store. :D

Tricky121

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
Will all the models of every apple device have bigger screens because everything is bigger in texas

Good Job apple you figured out how to have bigger screens without raising the cost to anyone... thank you

Yeah, when I got the iphone and then the iphone 3g the screens measured in at 3.6 inches rather than the 3.5. They also had bigger capacity, 32 Gb for the original and 64 Gb for the 3g.

trunks2872

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
This is awesome! I live south of Fort Worth, and previously had to drive at least an hour to an Apple store, now there's one within 15 minutes of me.

Do they tend to do anything special at store grand openings, any freebies passed out or special deals?

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
Woo! Now when I get done getting my hair cut there in the shopping mall I can go down to the Apple Store and drool! haha

Can't wait for the new AlumiMBs. (fingers crossed)

Man, I'm going to need to work OT, I've been able to hold off buying anything because I'd have to drive so far but now - oh man...

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Make One In EDinburgh SCotland, Already, My nearest one is 4 hours away, to far to drive just to drool over macs, Ive never been to an apple store before, might go to the one in London I fI go again, they look so cool.

Hey steve Jobs if your listening.

EDINBURGH wants an apple store! Now!!!:p

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
glad to see more apple retail stores. i really like them, and the more they are, the easier it is for people to take their computer in for repair, and get help when needed

rlmccormick

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
I guess Fort Woth crossed their mind.. ;)

It's about a 45 minute drive from me but I might go check it out on opening day.

dildooba

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2008
Dallas
ft worth congrats

I am buying a MB or MBP this Fall so I'll now head to the Ft Worth store (though the Dallas ones are about as close). That area of Ft Worth is real nice. The Colonial and of course TCU. Lots of great things happening in Ft Worth these days.:)

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
Now I can stand outside overnight waiting for the new MacBook Pro and iPod Touch! I wonder when its going to open? If it opens in September, how much you wanna bet that it opens on release day? They wouldn't ship an entire store's worth of stock that would be obsolete in just two weeks. Then again, it wouldn't be Apple's entire lineup that's getting a makeover now, is it?

I know, wishful thinking :p

bobbleheadbob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Massachusetts
This is awesome! I live south of Fort Worth, and previously had to drive at least an hour to an Apple store, now there's one within 15 minutes of me.

Do they tend to do anything special at store grand openings, any freebies passed out or special deals?

It's usually quite a party. Giveaways include t-shirts and maybe some other small swag. It might depend on how big the store is, but here's a video of the Boston Apple Store opening I went to in May:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8GcLTp8es

Highly recommended event if you're in the area! :D :) :apple:

Clayne

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
cool, but Southlake is only 15 minutes from me, and Ft. Worth + Dallas stores would be 30+.

fangiotophia

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth Store Meetup

So, I drove by the store yesterday and it looks fairly large (we're not talking SoHo or anything) so who knows what they might be doing for the grand opening. Anyway, it's only about 15 minutes from where I live so I am planning on heading that way around 9:30 a.m. Looks like there will be scattered thunderstorms, so you might bring an umbrella just in case, but I doubt there will be a line to get into the store.

I was planning on bringing a cooler with drinks and such for kind of a tailgate party, but if the weather is bad, I probably won't.

Anyway, hope to see some of you there and check out the new store!

:)

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I've lived in Fort Worth for basically my entire life, and moved to Austin yesterday.

Talk about bad timing.

At least there are Apple stores here -- though I will miss the grand opening craziness.

Oneness

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2007
Cowtown

I don't know about bigger, but it is closer. I will now be 1.1 miles from an Apple Store.
Everyone can now commence to being jealous.:p

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
Assuming school doesn't eat up all of my time, I think I might consider applying for a job there. Anyone know what the training requirements are?
It was either :apple: or work for Geek Squad at Best Buy (which is closer to where I live).

Tricky121

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
I don't know about bigger, but it is closer. I will now be 1.1 miles from an Apple Store.
Everyone can now commence to being jealous.:p

Really? I live in a van down by the river. The new store is about 500 yards from where I live currently!

Oneness

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2007
Cowtown
Really? I live in a van down by the river. The new store is about 500 yards from where I live currently!

Is that your van? I've seen it and wondered whose it was. Not many of the Chevy Good Times vans left around.:p
Will you be taking a bath in the river before you go to the Apple store?

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
^ What about the Willow Bend store? :D I'm surprised they didn't place a store in Frisco. Seems everything is being built there. Stonebriar Mall would be a good location methinks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.