Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MissingToof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Now that folks have received their first month's bill... are you receiving your FAN/Premier discount?

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
yeah, my FAN discount was on there. It doesn't seem obvious from the bill summary, but if you look at the full bill, it shows where the discount is on there

now my main concern is about my rollover minutes... I just started my next billing period yesterday and although everything is reset (SMS, minutes, etc) I see no listing anywhere about my rollover minutes from last month...

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
My bill was confusing. How does a FAN get labeled on the bill?

I already have a bundle ATI package discount (DSL/Phone/Cell/Long Distance), that gives 20% off voice (never had data before)

I did try to submit my work e-mail but it found nothing in their database, even though we do have it at my company. I have the code and password, just haven't contacted them yet.

Yet, here's how my discount went for my first bill with my $70 basic plan:

AT&T CORPORATE CUSTOMER DISCOUNT -$3.60 (What's this?)
Discount for DATA PLAN IPHONE -$7.40 ( 20% off $30 bill + pro-rated days)
Discount for IPHONE DATA + 200 -$0.40 (20% off 2 days pro-rated)
Discount for NATP450RUMM5KNW -$8.00 (the 20% off bundle I mentioned)

So what's the corporate discount from, is that a FAN discount, or something odd from the sudden changes as a one time thing only? And why am I suddenly getting 20% off the data plan too, I thought there were no data discounts? I guess that's part of the 20% off ATI package bundle.

If I call to add my FAN account, will that remove my ATI package discount, or do I get both?

The original iphone data +200 plan is there because I activated one 2 days before the 3G launch to become upgrade eligible.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Just curious but is the discount on the minutes only or did you get it for data and SMS?

We have a family plan, 2 iPhones, and an 18% FAN discount. Ours took the 18% off the shared voice plan, both data plans, and the secondary line's SMS plan (primary line has no SMS plan). It did not apply to the family plan's monthly $10 fee for the second line.

I think this varies by company. I switched to a new FAN# when I got a new job, and the old one didn't give a discount on the data plans we had on our old phones (which weren't iPhones).

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Actually, it should be the entire plan (data/SMS/minutes). However as for as the iPhone is concerned, if you have the 3G iPhone, the FAN discount covers the entire lot. for the 2G/Original iPhone, it wouldn't cover the data plan, as that was an optional feature you could add separately.

BL.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Actually, it should be the entire plan (data/SMS/minutes). However as for as the iPhone is concerned, if you have the 3G iPhone, the FAN discount covers the entire lot. for the 2G/Original iPhone, it wouldn't cover the data plan, as that was an optional feature you could add separately.

BL.

Some FAN accounts are discounts on voice plans only. Others include voice and data plan.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I got my 15% on voice and data. However, I hear it's supposed to be revoked (based on my employer ;) ). Guess I'll keep an eye out.

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
I got my 15% on voice and data. However, I hear it's supposed to be revoked (based on my employer ;) ). Guess I'll keep an eye out.

How can AT&T change or revoke a discount? You signed the contract for two years, If you break you end of it they will charge you for early termination but it looks like they can change there side of it at will :confused:

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Actually, I don't think I did. I applied my FAN discount 2 days after I got my iPhone 3G on launch day. The only sign of a discount I see on my full bill summary is this:

National Account Discount -6.38

but I'm not sure if that's my FAN or not.

That also doesn't sound right (it's supposed to be 15%) and my bill total was $128+$36 activation fee.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
How can AT&T change or revoke a discount? You signed the contract for two years, If you break you end of it they will charge you for early termination but it looks like they can change there side of it at will :confused:

Let's just say it wasn't AT&Ts decision. Due to "business reasons" a particular company has decided not to offer their employees a discount on iPhone accounts. I can't explain any further.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Actually, I don't think I did. I applied my FAN discount 2 days after I got my iPhone 3G on launch day. The only sign of a discount I see on my full bill summary is this:

That also doesn't sound right (it's supposed to be 15%) and my bill total was $128+$36 activation fee.

I think the national account discount is your fan.

your fan probably only takes off for voice only, not the whole entire bill.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
yeah, my FAN discount was on there. It doesn't seem obvious from the bill summary, but if you look at the full bill, it shows where the discount is on there

now my main concern is about my rollover minutes... I just started my next billing period yesterday and although everything is reset (SMS, minutes, etc) I see no listing anywhere about my rollover minutes from last month...

Roll over minutes don't start until your second billing period. So if you bought your iPhone and activated your account around the iPhone launch in July, or anytime in July, The unused minutes from whatever time in July you used the account for won't roll over into August. You won't see any roll over minutes until you get your bill for September and you have unused minutes from August.

As far as the FAN discount, some do voice and data, others do only one or the other. Supposedly it can take 1-2 billing cycles before it shows up, so your results may vary.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA

Just a helpful tip, if you haven't paid your bill yet, you can call customer service and tell them the store rep said you could call and get your activation fee refunded. I had to tell them it was $36 and without even questioning me, I immediately got credited the $36. You may even be able to do this if you have paid your bill already, and you will just get a credit towards the next cycle. I know a lot of people have been successful with this.

Justanothergirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009

If this is the first bill that you've received there won't be rollover minutes applied to your account. As long as you don't go over your minutes, there will be rollover minutes acumulated on your next bill.
FAN discounts are somewhat of a joke. They apply the discount to certain features on an account and if you have a family talk plan the discount will only apply to your line, not your entire wireless service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.