Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I went to BesBuy and found this RocketFish Universal Leather CellPhone Case. The size is perfect for the slider. It slips right in, as if it was made for it. NOt too loose and not too tight to cause stress on the case and plastic housing of the iPhone. It also swivels.

Attachments

• cellphoneshop_2014_36690104.gif
    cellphoneshop_2014_36690104.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,422

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I went to BesBuy and found this RocketFish Universal Leather CellPhone Case. The size is perfect for the slider. It slips right in, as if it was made for it. NOt too loose and not too tight to cause stress on the case and plastic housing of the iPhone. It also swivels.

LOL. You seriously bought a case for your case? Ok but what are you gonna put THAT case in? And THAT case? Before you know it you'll have a black leather Russian egg with an iPhone inside.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
LOL. You seriously bought a case for your case? Ok but what are you gonna put THAT case in? And THAT case? Before you know it you'll have a black leather Russian egg with an iPhone inside.

Well yeah. Sometimes I don't want it in my pocket wearing jeans and such. Wearing my suit I don't need the holster. I slip it right in my breast pocket. In the car when I'm roughing it out, I'll put it in the holster and toss it in the car. Anymore questions?

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

I'm going to go out on a ledge and assume you are male... Go get a stylish pair of jeans that are made for a woman and fit you, put them on, put your iPhone in the pocket and spend a week like that. :D Women's pockets are TINY!

I, for one, would like to thank slapppy for posting this find.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I've got a black 16GB iPhone 3G and a white slider. The phone comes out of the case without problem, but it still fits securely into the case. I haven't had any problems getting in/out to clean the device. I'm also using a PS crystal film.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
Today my iPhone almost died.

I received my Incase Slider in white.

I was waiting all week for this.

I put it on with such comfort and it filled my heart to see it fit perfectly. It was too good to be true.

I decide that I should've cleaned my iPhone first before putting on the case.

So I "tried" to take off the case.

It didn't come out. Not the top part or the slider part. I was in shock. My old Incase Slider for my original iPhone never did that. I kept on trying and I struggled in attempting to take it off, but nothing.

Then I decided to call Incase. The rep, Linda, was marvelous. She told me to try to take it off or to take it to Apple for them to help me take it off. I decided to take it off but I scratched my iPhone severely, but it was my fault. I was gonna go to the Apple store soon anyways to get a replacement for the faulty screen with many dead pixels. But Linda said that she would ship me a new black slider and then if I didn't like the color, she would also give me a white one when the problem was resolved.

I ended up happy and I hope if you have a problem like mine don't hesistate to call Incase. They have the best customer service I ever came in contact with. :D

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've got a black 16GB iPhone 3G and a white slider. The phone comes out of the case without problem, but it still fits securely into the case. I haven't had any problems getting in/out to clean the device. I'm also using a PS crystal film.

I sure hope this is a sign they are getting things sorted out, especially since some people are having such a difficult time.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
It should be noted that I ordered mine from Incase instead of purchasing from the Apple Retail store. I'm fairly sure that mine is from a different batch due to it shipping after the reported delays.

Zephgx

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
California
Everyone who has trouble taking the case off, try to stretch the side of the case (where the bezel is covered, try to stretch it slightly. I do it to the right side and it's fine) and pull out your iPhone.

I said before I had no trouble taking the case off, later on I did. But I stretched the case on the side a bit and it slide off smoothly. I have the white slider case

oxdtown

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Dekalb, IL
incase costumer care

they are the best i thin they only have a few reps because i talk to the same lady twice she was VERY helpful and resolved it fast and smoothly

ahcl20

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I just feel extremely disappointed by all these companies that is releasing cases which they don't test thoroughly beforehand, and turns out that the products have major defects.

I have tried on five cases so far for the iPhone 3G. 3 of them have problems:

Incase Slider - matte surface peeling off after one day, can't get the damn thing off

Griffin Wave - the hard screen cover was of the wrong size and gives funny air bubbles

Switcheasy Capsule Rebel - the soft case never fit the iPhone

All 3 companies have tried to redeem themselves by offering exchanges. Seems like not everyone is getting the equal attention though. I never got a reply from Switcheasy, for example.

Maybe money is just too easily made from us iPhone users.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Well crap, I said before that after one week my black incase slider was not peeling. This morning I pulled it out of my pocket and low and behold, there is an area where the matte texture came off. I mean it is not really noticeable, but what the heck.

So, one week and one day and some of it rubbed off already. Guess I will be taking it back to the apple store today.

The search continues.:(

davidgrimm

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
North Texas
Case Mate

I have a case mate for the iPhone 3g. Its clear and does a good job of protecting the phone. It looks similar to the incase except its clear.

It is very difficult to find a good case for any type of phone...

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
So how does everyone get the power support crystal film on their iphone with this case? I've tried once, didn't go so well. So what's the trick?

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Unfortunately, the only solution I found was to get another case. Total bummer.

Some people have managed to fit it on somehow though. :confused:

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
So how does everyone get the power support crystal film on their iphone with this case? I've tried once, didn't go so well. So what's the trick?

I got lucky and my case slid right in snug and easy, not tight and difficult as others reported.

One poster said put the slider on first, then the PS film.

kman79

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007

I was having troubel getting the Slider Case on without inducing bubbles under the film at first also. So I placed the phone in the slider case and then placed the film on, it actually made it easier to install the film alligned and straight.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008

The trick is that the PS film has to be PERFECTLY aligned. Look VERY closely. If the film goes all the way to the edge of the screen (before the recess), the slider will most likely cause bubbles. Reposition the film so that it stops short of the edge on all 4 sides and the problem will be solved. It worked for me.

BTW, the best way to do this is to put 2 pieces of tape on opposite corners so that you can lift & reposition the film multiple times until you get it just right.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Im not sure about how it will do on the 3g but on my first gen it scratched my chrome bad. I didnt believe all the reviews but they were true. They were tiny but noticeable to me.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Well I have a free Slider coming my way. Long story short, I noticed a small section of matte finish peeling off my phone so I contacted customer service and she sent out a replacement. 2 days later I decided that I really wanted a different case so I returned it. I know it sounds devious but I shouldn't be stuck with a case I decided I'm not happy with just because I had an issue and got a replacement when I initially thought I was going to keep it.

This is a really nice case, but if you ever scratch this finish it's a domino effect of peeling. The glossy version may be the one to grab, too bad it's only available in white.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
So I returned the black one to the apple store yesterday as I noticed a small section of the matte finish that peeled on mine as well just after a week of use. I got the white instead. For me, this is fine since I have the white iphone anyways.

One of the things I really like about this case is incase did a great job of making the white match the white of the iphone. One thing that I noticed with some of the other cases, specifically the white contour flick, is that the white case is a noticeably different shade of white than the phone.

I have noticed that the white case is tighter fitting than the black, but it is removable. I am guessing that maybe the initial run of the cases was not fit properly and now maybe incase has fixed the issue.

Anyways, this seems like a great case. I hope that it won't scratch to easily.:D

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
How did you contact them? I emailed them via their site days ago and haven't heard boo.

1-888-283-8288

The customer service rep had me scan my receipt and detail my problem on the website form, then she prepared the replacement to be sent out. At that point I was still set on keeping the case, a day or so later I decided to try something else. Like I said, I wasn't going to feel obligated to keep this case just because I had a problem and was sent out a replacement, in the end I wanted something else. But once I get the replacement I still may use it now and then at the gym or something where I need major protection from a fall.

PAH Mac

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
Yeah, apparently email is not the way to get hold of them. I sent them a question over a week ago and nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.