Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe The Dragon

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2006
How can they have blu-ray with out HDCP?

There displays don't have and there video chips may not have it as well.

geenosr

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
South
looks ok to me....

I think it looks ok, I really don't love it and I don't hate it. However
I remember last year when everyone here went wild saying the last iPod (fatty) was awful and it did fairly well.

Just saying....

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
How much can they cut prices on the ipods? Maybe the low-end nano goes to $100 and the high-end to $150? The touch to 150/200/250? The classic (if it survives) goes to $200 and $300? And the shuffle stays where it is? how much more drastic could the cuts be?

I think they need to keep the classics as they're the only real "high capacity" ones. For years people have been complaining, "__GB isn't enough! I need to carry my entire 500GB collection with me at all times!" so I don't think they'll drop it.

They could maybe drop $10 on shuffles, $25-$50 on the nano's, $50 on classics, and $100 on ipod touches? or maybe $100 on classics and $50 on ipod touches, don't the classics have a regular hard drive instead of flash memory?

ivan123

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
New Zealand
Puh-lease.

A curved screen? What is this, 1989?? Next, a fake woodgrain finish!

The fool who shopped that trainwreck also neglected to have the controls in the same direction/viewing angle as the screen.

Good Point.
Also even if you had the controls round the other way, you would have to have a left hand and right hand version

mlmorg

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
it's funny, everyone hated the short and fat nano when those rumors started floating -- even said those were fake -- looks like we're at it again.

even so, if this is the nano then why the hell did apple change to the short and fat for a year and is now back to the tall and skinny?

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
I kind of like that nano design. i just want them to go back to the all aluminum case that they had on the minis and 2nd gen nanos.

johata3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Looks nice. I kind of like this design better than the current version.

Let's hope more Mac hardware upadates will come soon. :)

solipsism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Why do people complain for the sake of complaining?

This Nano photoshop won't happen. If there is a tapering it'll be on the back. On teh front adds complexity to the glass/plastic display as distortion of the image can occur and it will produce glare.

I do think Apple will go with a tall Nano if they are able to get the click-wheel controls to change when you rotate it.

This means an accelerometer, which also means that Nike+ may be built in to the device.

When will iTunes become JUST for 'tunes' ?? Its bloated, ram hogging CRAP, and not all of us have or even want an ipod, iphone, itouch, itv, etc.

Can they just just release an mp3 ONLY application?

If you only want to play MP3s then just use Finder or some other apps for music. There is no reason you have to use iTunes if you don't "have or even want an ipod, iphone, itouch, itv, etc."

If you think Apple should make an entire app just so can play MP3s, but no include support for other audio formats, video, App Store, radio and one click burning you are in a world of your own.

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Always relevant

I'm moving to NEW YORK CITY tomorrow!
(Irrelevant to everyone else but still ;) )

NYC is always relevant.

Side note: I was flying over NYC on the way to JFK and couldn't help but noticing that I was seeing double. I saw two Yankee Stadiums and two Shea Stadiums. My eye doctor said it was a seasonal thing.

nickel123

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2008
I definately think ipod touch will drop to around $200 if not $150 the ipod touch right now is a rip off considering the iphone has a phone and everything ipod touch has, for $200. anyways, if i like the new ipod touch when it comes out i will get it. the ipod nano looks relly good, it is multicolored, black wheel and silver body. one rumor was it would be multicolored. i am not going to be one of those people who say it isn't real, but i still won't make up my mind. it is possible!:D GO :apple:!!!

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Hopefully if this is true then the controls on the clickwheel will rotate to reflect the orientation. Is that doable though given the thickness of the Nanos (accelerometer, LEDs in the click wheel, etc).

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
That Nano design looks quite nice, but it's not very...Nano.

The beauty of the current Nano is its incredibly small size.

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
I'm placing my bet down. I think one of the new features of iTunes 8 is the rumor a lot of us have been debating about: iTunes Unlimited. Beyond that? I haven't a clue.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
There displays don't have and there video chips may not have it as well.
DHCP might not be needed for the following reasons on the mac:
1. Apple has a great relationship with hollywood.
2. Most mac users respect copyrights of artist given that many are artists themselves.
3. Apple has been a member of the BDA board for some time so they could convince them to make an exception to just have software based protection in the blu-ray player software somehow tied into the OS to prevent ripping of the video.

kyungjin

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
Support for Blu-Ray?.. Hmm... Interesting...

It seems that there is a possibility that Apple may have Blu-Ray drives in their next models after all... I mean... Apple isn't a company that will add support now... and deliver upon it like 2 years later right? I mean... That would hint too much and would only help the hacking community since they're the only ones who can experiment with such drives...

I'm not personally that hyped for Blu-Ray cause it still seems to be getting there... I mean... DVD delivers fine picture quality for me and I don't watch that many anyway so...

But then again, I really don't know anything about Apple and stuff so... Just my two cents...

rml4uk

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
Snow Leopard alone would not be able to include Blu-ray support. The super drive hardware would have to be Blu-Ray compatible (i.e. The blue laser. As it stands right now, it is only the red laser that reads CDs and DVDs). This may, and I hope it does, happen when the new line of MacBooks and MacBook Pros come out this fall. I would love to watch Blu-Rays on a 17" HD resolution MacBook Pro!

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
The tall nano isn't going to happen. The fatty was the first to have the ability to play downloaded games. The screen being sideways would throw everything off. But of course, apple didn't mind charging twice for games.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Snow Leopard alone would not be able to include Blu-ray support. The super drive hardware would have to be Blu-Ray compatible (i.e. The blue laser. As it stands right now, it is only the red laser that reads CDs and DVDs). This may, and I hope it does, happen when the new line of MacBooks and MacBook Pros come out this fall. I would love to watch Blu-Rays on a 17" HD resolution MacBook Pro!

.. Snow Leopard?

They are talking about 10.5.6 not 10.6.

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
DHCP might not be needed for the following reasons on the mac:
1. Apple has a great relationship with hollywood.

Kinda sorta.

2. Most mac users respect copyrights of artist given that many are artists themselves.

That's quite a generalization and assumption made of the "other" crowd. Then again, as numbers continue to rise on the Mac side, this generalization imho just is that: a generalization.

3. Apple has been a member of the BDA board for some time so they could convince them to make an exception to just have software based protection in the blu-ray player software somehow tied into the OS to prevent ripping of the video.

Highly doubt it.

w00master

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.