Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRebecca27

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
I really hope the new nano design is a fake. It looks like the small Zune. Apple can do WAY better than that. Apple, I love you, but seriously...

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
I loved the fatty when i saw it but i hate this *new* nano. I can't see apple going fat and then back to stick-shaped again, it seems like they would be saying "woops"

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Why would a major manufacturer put an old iPod touch paper display (the icons) inside a case for the new iPod touch?

macworkerbee

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Well I would say that from the consistent form factors we are seeing for the new nano we might have a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

Before everyone starts screaming "FAKE" just remember that this same thing happened with the fatty nano last year. We saw all kinds of leaked pictures, case designs and everyone said "no way!", but then it was announced.

I'm not sure if I'll like it or not but I'm interested in seeing it in real life. The fatty nano wasn't so bad once you were able to hold it. These leaked items always make the products look kind of crappy.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
No way that is the new ipod touch. It doesnt have the new 2.0 software, let alone the January update. And that case is just awful

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Why would a major manufacturer put an old iPod touch paper display (the icons) inside a case for the new iPod touch?

Because they are a joke. I looked at one of their cases this weekend and couldn't believe how loose the case was on my iPhone. The girl was trying hard to sell me and I was like "uh uh, forget about it". I could have easily turned my iPhone around on itself inside the "case".

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I don't get why there is an opening in the front for the iPod touch. Even if the wi-fi antenna is moved to the front of the unit, silicon/rubber isn't likely to block signals.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
I actually really like the supposed new iPod Nano. I'd probably buy it, in fact.

But, it does seem like a step back.

I love the fatty Nano. I only wish it came in a 16GB size.

This is what interests me most. I want a 16GB Nano. The shape doesn't really bother me - although a 16GB Fatty and I'd be happy.

Veri

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Hm, isn't this overkill for people who just want to use their iPod to play music, but don't want a teeny, screen-less shuffle? Or has a (non-existent) Apple focus group decided that 3rd generation Nanos are too small for average adult Western hands?

And this isn't just a Zune case, right? Or a keen manufacturer doing a "me first" based on speculation?

Oh, it's the iPhone nano ;).

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I'm thinking camera is the only thing that would cause the need for a hole in the front of the Touch case. Otherwise I have no idea what else it is for. And just so you guys know - I'm not so fond of the "new" Nano design quite yet, but it will likely grow on me.

orion123

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2003
Boston
Perhaps a front mounted speaker?

Gotta be a speaker, good call. If it were a camera, it'd be on the back so you can see the preview on the screen. Apple wouldn't put a front facing (ie: video chat) cam on the touch without putting it on the iPhone too, and they aren't putting out an iPhone update next month.

Not an accelerometer: that's all internal. Only the proximity sensor uses an external sensor and the touch has no need for one

gashead76

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Arran said:
does that hole in the top left mean a camera on the front side?

dum dum dum.

Perhaps a front mounted speaker?

it's for the ambient light sensor.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I loved the fatty when i saw it but i hate this *new* nano. I can't see apple going fat and then back to stick-shaped again, it seems like they would be saying "woops"

The funny thing is that MOST people in this forum HATED the fat Nano when it was released...and any references to the Zune are at the very least silly, since the Zune itself copied the original Nano's design...so it's all Apple after all...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.