Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I feel like the question is fairly straight forward. I do see the BBB online insignia, but I guess I'd like some feedback from people who have purchased using this site and done so successfully, or even unsuccessfully. :p

Thanks!

XNine

macrumors 68040
devilot said:
I feel like the question is fairly straight forward. I do see the BBB online insignia, but I guess I'd like some feedback from people who have purchased using this site and done so successfully, or even unsuccessfully. :p

Thanks!

It's the same as scalping, really. Ticketmaster sucks, but they're better than stubhub...

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I've used stubhub on multiple occasions (eagles, phillies, sixers). I have been extremely satisfied with them. They are great for finding tickets to sold out events or just getting better seats than what ticketmaster still has left. It seems much more controlled than ebay and results in less problems. They don't totally eliminate the possibility of a problem but until they give me a reason not to, I'll continue to trust them.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
grapes911 said:
They are great for finding tickets to sold out events... It seems much more controlled than ebay and results in less problems.
Thanks! That's exactly what my situation is, and I was worried about getting super scamed by eBay and whatnot. I read over their Buyer Guarantee as well as their BBB report and it seemed pretty legit.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

And onizuka, I know the prices are ricockulous, but whatcha gonna do? A sold out show, is a sold out show. :(

achie25

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
My friends have used it with no problem. However, whenever I have looked up tickets in the past I thought that the prices were really expensive.

XNine

macrumors 68040
devilot said:
Thanks! That's exactly what my situation is, and I was worried about getting super scamed by eBay and whatnot. I read over their Buyer Guarantee as well as their BBB report and it seemed pretty legit.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

And onizuka, I know the prices are ricockulous, but whatcha gonna do? A sold out show, is a sold out show. :(

What show you lookin to go to?

mole1sk

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Stub Hub

I have sold tickets on stub hub and there service sucks. Stub Hub helped me sell tickets 7/20/08 and I still have not received payment. I called customer service and they were no help at all. Asked for a supervisor and they refused to get one on the line. I asked to have a supervisor call me and that was over a month ago. Buyer beware, just because you buy tickets thru stub hub that dosen't mean the tickets will work when you go to the event. On occassion the ticket company's deactivate tickets because the buyer may have purchased to many. I reccomend staying far away from this company. No service at all.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
We just purchased tickets to a RedSox game and my buddy received them in the mail just fine. So far so good I suppose.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
We just purchased tickets to a RedSox game and my buddy received them in the mail just fine. So far so good I suppose.

same here. over priced but they came and stubhub has a gauretee that makes sure the tickets are legit.

if ur buying tickets for anything in boston, i highly recommend aceticket.com
they have much better prices. i paid 250$ a ticket on ace ticket where stubhub wanted 450$ for same section, 1 row higher. stubhub is all business, aceticket is personal stuff and much better.

alpengeist

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
I got royally screwed by StubHub. Charged me close to $3000 for tickets to Final Four -- and the "seller" never had the tickets. It's been months and I'm still fighting to get my money back. VISA has been no help at all -- siding with StubHub (of course -- think of the fees they receive!).

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I've used stubhub to purchase tickets in the past with no problems. However, prices do seem to be quite high.

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
stub hub is way overpriced, i'd say look on craigslist you can usually find someone selling on there plus it's local you can just go pick them up.

Agreed. I wanted to get some tickets for the final Yankee-Sox series and was shocked at the prices on stubhub. Looked on craigslist and found them for less than 1/2 price.

As for StubHub, I've bought through them 3-4 times and haven't had a bad experience yet.

I mean, except for the butt-raping.

nmehaffey

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2009
Never Got Paid from Stub Hub!!!!!!!

They tried to process my payment through paypal, but did it wrong, then they said they would re process, and it would be another 3-4 days, then in 4 days, we called back, and they said they did it wrong again, 3rd time...so at this point they said it would be best if we just got a check, so we said fine, we waited the next 7 days and never RCVD the check. We called back and they said, the check must be lost, we will need to reissue a check, another 7 days, I was so over this. Now I am still without my money and the game was over a week ago. I will never use STUB HUB again..and they are still not doing anything about it. So frustrated. LA Angel tickets, I basically gave away.....ahhhhh

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
I've used them more than a few times and while expensive, I've never had an issue.

The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't get the original ticket stub (Opening Day at the New Yankee Stadium).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've never used them but I have a buddy coming in a month or two and we were just looking at the site. I wish they did give the original ticket stub as well.

HKLH

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2010
stub hub reliability

OK so its an old thread, but this just happened to my wife. I bought tix to the Seattle Face 2 Face tour Row 3 in "wheelchair" seating. My wife and daughter arrived and were told "No wheelchair - no access". Fortunately my wife wouldn't take no for an answer so was reseated front row center. Everything worked out great for her. Not so well for 5 other pairs who had similar seats and were reseated 20 rows back. The important lesson is this: If you buy wheelchair seating tickets in the USA - take a wheelchair. In Canada wheelchair seating has regular seats that fold away to allow a wheelchair access. What might have been a $1500.00 tragedy worked out great. I wish stub hub had this important difference posted with the ticket information on the sales site. As for their reliability - prior to the purchase I was told I would have hard tickets in my hand within 3 days. After the purchase this was changed to 3 days before the show. Bad salesmanship as far as I'm concerned.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I used them for Blues tickets and everything went smoothly (okay, giving up a 3-0 lead and losing in overtime wasn't smooth but that's not Stubhub's fault), they were e-tickets so I was just sent a PDF file and printed them out.

Spike58

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Stay away from Stub Hub

Tried selling tickets on there and had nothing but problems. No follow up long on hold. Better outlets for tickets - Dave

Spike58

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Been there, at least I still had my tickets. Never ever use Stub Hub

They tried to process my payment through paypal, but did it wrong, then they said they would re process, and it would be another 3-4 days, then in 4 days, we called back, and they said they did it wrong again, 3rd time...so at this point they said it would be best if we just got a check, so we said fine, we waited the next 7 days and never RCVD the check. We called back and they said, the check must be lost, we will need to reissue a check, another 7 days, I was so over this. Now I am still without my money and the game was over a week ago. I will never use STUB HUB again..and they are still not doing anything about it. So frustrated. LA Angel tickets, I basically gave away.....ahhhhh

Never ever use Stub Hub

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.