Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swift Sketcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
So I've never owned an ipod or an mp3 player for that matter (I guess the closest would have to be the PSP). But now I'm finally looking to purchase.

What I'm looking for is an mp3 player that can wirelessly subscribe and download podcast episodes. I know the ipods can play podcasts, but I'm vague on whether or not they can wirelessly update rss feeds. Again, this is something the PSP could do, subscribe + download via wifi, so I want something like that, whether it be an ipod, zune, zen... whatever.

(wont be getting an itouch or phone, anything else is fine)

Any help is appreciated :cool:

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Since the iPod does not have wireless capability, I guess it would not be an option for you. iTunes downloads podcasts, and once you plug in your iPod, it will sync to iTunes and transfer them.

The only option in the Apple line is the iPod Touch, or iPhone.

Swift Sketcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Yeah, but they're out of my price range. I know this is an apple forum, but I'm open to any other mp3 players that aren't an ipod. Can the Zune download podcasts wirelessly? Creative Zen? Anyone here have any experience with them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.