Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pissedoffguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
As you maybe have observantly gathered from my username, I've just about had it with Apple. This will be my fourth iPod that has stopped functioning, and holds the record for the fastest suicide at one month.

so here's what happened:
I was trying to sync some stuff to my iPod, an 80GB that I happily bought in July because I thought "gee, now I have an iPod that won't die on me" because my last one slowly stopped working to the point where it would pause between songs. Superfluous information aside, cut to tonight when I'm trying to put a few songs on my iPod, which is on manual sync, and all of a sudden, it stops dead. When I eject it and turn it on, there's no music on it. THEN when I try to hook it up to the computer again, it gives me this cute little message:

Picture3.png

and I can't do anything with it, every time I try to restore it it does nothing but pop up that error message, 1435.

edit: fixed

sorry if I seem bitter but I'm a person who reaaaaally needs his iPod....anyone got anything?

pissedoffguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
okay its not fixed yet
here's what I did to get it where it is:
I put it into disk mode and it seemed to "restore" just fine
but now its trying to sync everything
and its frozen now

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
This just happened to me last week. My error was 1430 and it also told me an error occured and I couldn't restore. It would go so far as to download software, ask for my password, then the error.

I corrected it by plugging in my iPod, and checking the Allow Disk Use option. This then let me complete the Restore, putting the iPod back to factory settings. I resynced with iTunes and it was good to go.

pissedoffguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
This just happened to me last week. My error was 1430 and it also told me an error occured and I couldn't restore. It would go so far as to download software, ask for my password, then the error.

I corrected it by plugging in my iPod, and checking the Allow Disk Use option. This then let me complete the Restore, putting the iPod back to factory settings. I resynced with iTunes and it was good to go.

I used disk mode to get past that but now whenever I try to put anything on it, it completely freezes and iTunes does as well
it does have one song on it for some reason though
if I could repeat whatever I did to get that 6,000 more times I'd be in business

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.