Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitchd0903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
In Settings I have the volume bar moved all the way to the right (loudest setting). When my phone goes into sleep mode or where the screen is dark, when I receive a call the ringer does not ring. I go back into settings and the slider bar for the volume is now all the way to the left. I didn't change anything, it just got there on it's own? Does anyone else have this issue. This has been happening since I upgraded to the new version 2.0.2 (5C1) and causing me real problems.

Thanks

mitchd0903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Turned it off....

When I turned it off and then back on, I checked the settings again and the volume bar was again all the way to the left (silent). It only seems to happen when the phone is not used for any length of time. How do I do a reset?

uk.jam3s

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
personally i think this is a problem that others are experiencing as well. I had this problem, and my brother also had this problem. However the main problem that I am experiencing with the iPhone would have to be the fact that the phones sound quits working randomly and in order to fix it I would need to restart the phone which is stupid.. It almost acts as if the silent switch is on, which is definately not the case...
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

JG810

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
My ringer goes halfway back

After I put the ringer all the way up, when I check it later it is back
to halfway making it difficult to hear the phone ringing. Is this with all
the iPhones? I've only had mine for 2 weeks.

System17

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
Same problem.

personally i think this is a problem that others are experiencing as well. I had this problem, and my brother also had this problem. However the main problem that I am experiencing with the iPhone would have to be the fact that the phones sound quits working randomly and in order to fix it I would need to restart the phone which is stupid.. It almost acts as if the silent switch is on, which is definately not the case...
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

After I added about 4gb of music in one sync, it started to do just as you were saying. At first it played the beginning of the song and goes silent. After 1 or 2 songs of that some songs didn't play at all. But I tried playing a song that I had synced a previous time and it seemed to work, or at least did not go dead right away. I'm trying the restart as you said to hopefully get a fix.

iphoneg33k

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
We are all on the same boat... I had mine for about 1 week and the sound comes and goes. My sound comes back once in a while when I get a txt message. Then after a few minutes it goes away...

I'm so sick of this issues. I haven't taken it back because I'm afraid I'm going to get a refurbished phone... I have done a reset, turn off the iphone and still no sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to take a chance and take it back tomorrow or later on today.

I wonder if the new firmware will fix this problem. When is it suppose to come out again the new firmware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.