Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMcBroom81

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Mt. Carmel, IL
I have an iHome2go at work and when my phone gets low on battery, I plug my white iphone 3g into it and get the same message you all are getting. I just hit no about turning on airplane mode and it will charge it all the way up. No problems other than that.:D

funnysuresh

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Hurray!! atlast I found a soft fix for this problem!!

Hurray!! atlast I found a soft fix for this problem!!:)

After searching all the blogs for the solution.. I found nothing..
I hv done some R&D on this and came up with a solution...

The dig for this problem starts from finding the process in which this is causing and killing it.
fortunately I got an application in the installer which shows all the processes that are running in iphone.
The application is 'Sysinfo'..

You ppl don't need to install this.. as i'm having the cause that is affecting this problem.

Ok no more researches...
Please follow the steps to get rid of this vague message.

1. From Installer, Please install the "File Browser" from the 'Productivity' Category.
2. After successfull installation of File Browser, navigate to the following path
"/System/Library/Frameworks/IAP.framework/Support/"
(Default path the file browser will show is "/var/root". Need to change this to the above path. For navigating that, you need to change the settings by clicking on Settings(in File Browser app) and change the Home Directory in Advanced Settings from '/var/root' to '/')

3. Now you can see a file which starts with 'apd' in the path.
4. Select the file, click on Edit in the bottom and select Delete.
5. Repeat the Delete untill it deletes the file.

6. Now restart your iphone after deleting the file.

Your phone is now free with that message and it will back you all ur features. I'm sure it won't create you any other problems.

contact me to my mailid funnysuresh@gmail.com if u hv any queries...:apple:

TheCatInTheHat

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Has anyone tried funnysuresh's fix?

I've got this problem too and it's unbelievably annoying. i saw my screen turn on, display the message, then black out about 10 times an hour last night.

lhw455

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
Trying it now, cant seem to delete the file though tried about 7 times so far. Update soon...

lhw455

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
Confirmed, seems to be working. I had to fiddle a bit, turn on Airplane mode, also got a process explorer. Finally got the file deleted and no more message. Not sure what it affected.

On 1.1.4 BTW, upgrading to 2.0.1 now to see if that works.

Thanks!

romeoyankee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
seriously we need a fix for 2.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nag comes on every time i unlock the phone. its retarded...

How do we kill this nag screen in 2.0.2??

jk000

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
UK
this happened to me too. i like the idea of taking a screen shot i might do that and bring mine in, it wasn't free after all!

funnysuresh

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
which file u r able to see in that path??

almostaskater62 : Which file u r able to see in that path??

romeoyankee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
I cant even get the file manager in Installer or cydia for 2.0 yet. I might not have the right source installed.

Anyways I have been going into the iPhone via SSH and there is no path in version 2.0 software like you said.

Have you upgraded yet? What exactly is the file iapd and what does it do? Why does it stop the nag once you have killed the process?

If you have any more information on 2.0 please let me know!! that nag screen is killing me

funnysuresh

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
For getting FileBrowser in the installer you need to install the source 'iSpazio Offi

For getting FileBrowser in the installer you need to install the source 'iSpazio Official' from Sources category.

romeoyankee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
k well im still pretty sure that i should be able to do it via SSH.

anyways...

so what exactly is iapd and what does it do?

what happens if i delete it off my iphone...

TheCatInTheHat

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Well I spoke too soon. The message has appeared twice this morning. Looks like I'll need to make a Mac Genius appointment. :(

baaron

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
OP, make sure that your dock connector on the Iphone is clean, and lint free.

Even a small amount of lint can cause issues with using the dock port.

nati47

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
air

why were you blowing hair into it???

because the 3rd party device ur using.. touches a part in the iphone that indicated u may have water damage... if u pull ur iphone apart (not recommended)... they have installed a sensory (piece/part/ section) whatever u want to call it.. that once its touched.. it indicated that there is lint/dirt/water damage .. by blowing (massive) air.. like using an (airbrush compressor) ... u will blow it away ... i have fixed about 7 iphones this way .. hasnt failed yet.....i worked for apple... one thing i did notice is.. they didnt make accessories directly for the iphone.. yet.. so in the meanwhile they gave ppl ipod accessories .. hoping it would work.. which did.. but the dock connector is completely different .. sure it would charge n work.. but look at the old ipod charger.. as opposed to the new i phone charger.... there are alikes n differences..

romeoyankee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
ok but what if its not an accessory issue and you actually did get water into the dock.. like me.. :|

i dropped mine in a bit of water and almost immediately picked it out. The phone works fine but i get the accessory error message all the time.

anything i can do to fix it??

TheCatInTheHat

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
My appointment is tomorrow afternoon I'll post once I get back. I hope they can actually do something for me.

macmikey2

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
West Chester, PA
Same problem... replaced phone

I had this exact problem. Every 15 minutes or so the message would popup and then about 15 seconds later, go away. Nothing was connected.

Took to Apple Store and after they played with it, looked inside the connector, and restored it on their computer and had the message come up right away on the restored phone, they replaced it with what looked like a brand new phone in a small white box.

I now have a perfectly blemish free phone with no error message anymore.

Mike

macmikey2

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
West Chester, PA
Water sensors

ok but what if its not an accessory issue and you actually did get water into the dock.. like me.. :|

i dropped mine in a bit of water and almost immediately picked it out. The phone works fine but i get the accessory error message all the time.

anything i can do to fix it??

There are 2 sensors that the tech will look at when you take it in. One is at the bottom of the Headphone jack and looks like a small white square and the other is near the dock connector, on the left side with phone facing up. The dot will turn red I think and it is a positive indication of water and that will invalidate the warranty.

Take a peek at the one in the jack with a flashlight and you will see the little dot at the bottom. If not, there may be dust covering it, but it is there. If it's white, then water did not get in the top end. At the bottom, look carefully just to the left of the connector. If you see a very small white or red square, then you found it.

Red is bad.

TheCatInTheHat

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
My appointment is tomorrow afternoon I'll post once I get back. I hope they can actually do something for me.
The Mac genius said that this is a hardware issue related to the pins where the charger plugs into. If they are damaged in anyway (i.e. bent, water damage, dirt, etc.) then it will begin to generate this error. He did say there have been a few software malfunctions that can cause this but if a restore doesn't work then it's hardware. Since I told him I already restored the phone, he gave me a new one which I inspected and was told that they are newly manufactured phones which are shipped to the store for these purposes.

bennybeige

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
Just got my iphone back from apple and they have replaced it.

Must be a common hardware fault...don't hesitate to send your phone back

barook12

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
:)First of all let me thank Suresh for finding such a genious way of sorting this annoying message i.e. this accessory is not made to work with iphone. I had been browsing for long time to find a way to overcome this problem, I had even gone to few places where they repair Iphones and they told me it was hardware problem, but I could not totally trust them coz i had been very careful with the phone and then today i read (funnysuresh) idea and luckily i had installed the filebrowser on my phone from before itself and i did exactly as what suresh had asked me to do, and now that annoying message is completely gone thanks to the most genious guy in the whole world:). If anyone facing the similar problem and i suggest you to try out this. This really works.

Once again thanks a lot suresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.