Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inflexion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Right first up i did use the search and found nothing (or im useless at using the search :( )

Right guys im after a little help if anyone knows.

Ive got a script that id like to make up and have it as a single file. The truth of it is this. Ive got two modem scripts that will need to be changed quite regulary by not tech users so ive got two folders with files in them that need to be copied into the Modem Scripts folder eg.

cp /Modem/Internet/MMHS\ Modem /Library/Modem\ Scripts/

i can save this file as a .term and it works great but i cant work out how to close terminal automatically.

If anyone can help me with this (easy im sure) problem id be greatful. I can do it automator but want to do it this way for people that might not be on 10.4

Cheers

m.d.

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2007
Scotland
Go to Terminal -> Window Settings -> Shell, and select "Close the window" / "Close only if the shell exited cleanly", depending on your preference. Assuming you stipulate "exit" in your script, the Terminal shell should then close on completion of the .term script.

However, I don't know if this was how Terminal was set up prior to Tiger, so this might not work in earlier versions of OS X...

skweezer

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
I Need The Mmhs Modem Script- Can Someone Provide

I Have Had Two Months Worth Of Problems With The Vodaphone Software For My Powerbookg4.... For Some Reason The Mmhs Modem Script Does Not Install. I Am Unable To Find This For Download Anywhere On The Internet- Can Someone Please Send Me This File To Help Me Try To Resolve My Problem And Configure My Network Setting Manually.

I Do Not Have This Script Intsalled And I Only Have Apple Internal Modem Options When I Select "modem" In My Network Settings For My Huawei E220 On Vodaphone Es

Desperate To Resolve This Issue As I'm Paying 50 A Month Not To Use My Modem And Vodaphone Keep Telling Me That It Is A Problem With My Computer And Wont Refund Me Or Allow Me Out Of My Contract.

The File Will Be In Library/modem/scripts

Good Karma And Forever Indebted Thoughts To The Person That Can Help Me!

Lady In Distress! Lou X

patan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
I had the same problem in my ex-wife's PowerBook G4. None of the installers provided by the phone companies worked, not t-mobile nor A1 or Vodafone. I took it from my Intel MacBook, dropped it in /Library/Modem Scripts/ and it got connected right away :)

Greetings

Attachments

• MMHS Modem.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.