Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

140936-apple-lets-rock-056_400.jpg

Image from Engadget
Apple announced the new iPod nanos today at their media event. The nano matches up with the circulating rumors of a taller colorful design.

- Thinnest iPod ever
- Enhanced user interface
- Accelerometer to detect tilt
- Shake iPod to shuffle
- Genius playlist built in
- Aluminum with curved glass
- Battery: 24 hours for music. 4 hours for video.
- $149 for 8GB. $199 for 16GB.
- 9 Colors: silver, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink, black

The 8GB should be available today, while the 16GB should be available by next week. Apple also announced that the iPod classic would now only come in a 120GB model, replacing the 160GB and 80GB models that are currently available.

The new iPod nanos should appear at http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/.

Article Link

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Woot :)

Larger sizes would have been nice. But, these still look wicked anyway.

My friend went to get his iPhone replaced at the Apple Store in Sacramento, CA today and he said there are currently 80+ people in line. No word if they have the actual products or not.

Update: No, they do not have any of the new iPods yet. I ordered one from the Apple store online but the fastest shipping was 2-3 days. This usually indicates they are not ready to ship from the U.S.

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
I like it. Love the Accelerometer. I like the Orange version.

God It's hard to find something I don't like about it....

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
I'm considering getting one of these now... I was going to get a Touch, but now I'm not so sure...

JDizzle530

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
Waste of Time

What a flop! I, like everyone else, was so excited for this event. I spent the last hour watching updates on Gizmodo and Engadget, and for what? To hear exactly what I already knew was going to happen? This is definitely the most disappointed I have ever been as an Apple supporter. For someone with over 32 gb of music and without AT&T (can't get an iPhone), this event means absolutely nothing to me. The Zune seems awfully tempting right now.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I have an iPhone already, so I don't need another iPod. But oooohhhh, do I want one of these! Especially the orange!

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
I'm pleased to see a return of the taller style of the 1st and 2nd generation Nano's, can't say I ever liked the 'fat nano' very much.

The new colours look great as well.

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
Hi,

How is the Touch different from the previous Touch? Aside from the volume control.

s.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I don't need a Nano but this is the first lineup of colors I actually like!

Bring on the tilt-sensitive games :) Since clickwheel games seem to still be coming out regularly.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
What a flop! I, like everyone else, was so excited for this event. I spent the last hour watching updates on Gizmodo and Engadget, and for what? To hear exactly what I already knew was going to happen? This is definitely the most disappointed I have ever been as an Apple supporter. For someone with over 32 gb of music and without AT&T (can't get an iPhone), this event means absolutely nothing to me. The Zune seems awfully tempting right now.

:rolleyes: So...you spent all week on an Apple rumors site and now you're upset that you knew rumors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.