Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crizza0309

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
By windows I mean a mouse with a right click on it because I want to get a mouse for when I game on it or am at home just to make it easier for at home use.

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Absolutely, mice are pretty standard (just make sure it's USB). I actually used a Microsoft mouse with mine and had no configuration to go through either, worked right out of the box :)

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
By windows I mean a mouse with a right click on it because I want to get a mouse for when I game on it or am at home just to make it easier for at home use.

Yes, I use, all Microsoft Bluetooth and USB mice. They can be used with or without the Microsoft drivers.

Cheers,

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007

LoL of course!

Apple / OS X is not so primitive as to have lack of need for contextual menus :p

Yes, you can use pretty much any mouse so long as its a Standard HID (human interface device) component.

Metuas

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Under a rock.
Two finger+click much?

Apart from that, any USB mouse will work, out of the box for at least two buttons and scroll. Some will even have 3rd button support out of the box.
Any other auxiliary buttons will probably require drivers.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Absolutely, mice are pretty standard (just make sure it's USB). I actually used a Microsoft mouse with mine and had no configuration to go through either, worked right out of the box :)

Actually... if you use a USB to PS/2 connector, you can use a PS/2 keyboard too!

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
I find that very awkward to do. Use Ctrl+Click when using track pad. I guess I am just too uncoordinated to handle that newfangled two finger thingy. :D

Oh man. Two finger scrolling and two finger clicking are awesome. You should try to incorporate it. Every time I go to an older mac laptop, a PC, or even a desktop mac with an older one button mouse I go nuts trying to do the simple things.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Oh man. Two finger scrolling and two finger clicking are awesome. You should try to incorporate it. Every time I go to an older mac laptop, a PC, or even a desktop mac with an older one button mouse I go nuts trying to do the simple things.

Because you are so enamored of this functionality, I shall endeavor to reorient my malfunctioning neural pathways to incorporate this ability into my daily operations.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.