Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
i used to have a UK itunes account since i lived in london, but last year i moved to the states. and since all my funds are now in US banks i had to make a new itunes account with a US credit card, but i can't find a way to change the itunes account on my iphone. it remains as the UK one. is there any way to remove that account and add a new itunes account on my phone too?

thanks all

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
If you log into your US iTMS account through iTunes, then sync it should change the account on your phone. At least it works for me when I need to switch between my Canadian and US accounts...

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
If you log into your US iTMS account through iTunes, then sync it should change the account on your phone. At least it works for me when I need to switch between my Canadian and US accounts...

oh good idea, didn't think of that. i'll try now.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

AiralynRose said:
If you have 3.0 installed. In settings there is a "Store" option. You should be able to switch there.

Yup, and I have to say I LOVE this feature. I can't even count the number of times I wanted to grab something from the Japanese iTMS store (or update an app from there) but couldn't, because I'm always signed into my US account on my Mac. :(

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
What he means is, sign into the account that you want the iPhone to be associated with. Stay signed in and sync the iPhone.

I know what he means, thank you. I figured out my issue; I had some app's that I had purchased under a different itunes account. My iphone was prompting me for that specific accounts password.

fozy

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2003
Aspen, CO
If you have 3.0 installed. In settings there is a "Store" option. You should be able to switch there.

Been looking for this solution for months, thank you.

Apple, please give us a solution for merging iTunes accounts, I ended up purchasing Match twice due to poor email confirmations. Now I have some songs in each of two accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.