Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
I am on travel and using BT Open Zone, however when I lose the connection or shut the phone off I have to reenter the user name and password. Is there anyway to save it?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I am on travel and using BT Open Zone, however when I lose the connection or shut the phone off I have to reenter the user name and password. Is there anyway to save it?

When you connect to Openzone you should get the option of

Username/Password
or
Phone Number

If you enter Username/Password you will have to enter it each time you connect, if you enter phone number it will remember

tucker101uk

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Sussex, UK
Has anyone ever had any luck with the cloud here in the UK?

I never seem to manage to connect - it always loads the page over edge, and never attempts to connect to the cloud homepage for me to type in my number...

ne0star

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
I haven't tried BT Openzone, but the cloud works fine. Once you enter your phone number once, it doesn't matter where you go in the country it will connect straight away.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I didn't know we had a User/Pass for BT OpenZone?

The user/pass is for bt broadband subscribers, you can use openzone with any wireless device using this (not sure what the data limits are this way)

you dont get a username/pass with the iphone, just pop your number in the first time it asks and then it will connect wherever it sees a hotspot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.