Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Okay as it says to do, I've gone into My Network Places, (I use Windows), Clicked 'Add A Network Place', 'Next', 'Choose another network location', and entered my credentials with the port:

2v3k1gz.jpg

Then I click 'Next' and I get this error message:

123ocr5.jpg

I know I entered my information right but don't know what I'm doing wrong..

Please Help!!

Thanks heaps

moonandstar

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
I am having the exact same problem. I have tried turning off the firewall and port forwarding but I keep on getting the same error message time and time again. This is really frustrating, any help will be much appreciated.

TemeculaMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
A ".1" ip address, is typically your gateway. Double check the IP address given to your iPhone, since I don't think you're entering in the right IP.

moonandstar

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
hmm double check if you on the same network not your neighbor's wi-fi... other than that i don't know what else is wrong

i am on the same network... but keep getting the same error.... should i try to uninstall the webdav and try again.

njpodder

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I could not get mine working either. same thing, didn't work with IP, didn't work with Bonjour. I reinstalled Bonjour, and made the update to Windows as it noted. I have no idea what people mean by "can you connect through the internet?"

Honestly, I think I was a little confused about what Airsharing does. I thought it would let me connect ot my computer anywhere, but the way I understand it is that it simply acts as a wireless hard drive to transfer files to and from only when you are on your own network. I know lots of people do, but personally, I don't have much of a need for any file to be on my phone instead of my computer while I am at home. Hah, I have a hard enough time deciding what music, videos, apps not to install on my iPhone just to make sure I only fill up 8GB or less!! :)

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
SOLUTION:

Instead of entering this "http://192.168.0.2:8080"
Enter this: "http://192.168.0.2:8080/" and it'll work straight away!

Credit to Random Hero.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.