Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregInAZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
My navigation controller is set to black, but the UISegmenteedControl is being displayed as the default blue. Buttons I add to my navigation controller turn black, this just won't. Is there a way to make it black? I'm using IB to create the interface.

GregInAZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
In case anyone else runs into this, the color can be changed using the setTintColor property of the UISegmentedControl within code.

PhilNash

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2008
I've been doing this with my segmented view set to bar style, and I find that when tinted black the buttons don't work (don't change shade when you select them), but leaving them to the default blue tint works fine.
Anyone else seen this/ know a workaround?

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Bit of gravedigging, but did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The main problem is that when they're black, there's no "darker" color of black. So all the segments are the same color.

What you can do is imagine how it would look. Then go and make your segmented control dark gray :p.

To the OP, there's no way to tint them in IB which is really weird. You'd have to do it programatically through the tintColor property.

Set it to a dark gray color and then it should work fine.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
/facepalm, I'm not exactly on the ball today!

Makes perfect sense, thanks for the prompt response.

fenrus110

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
I have a black translucent navigation bar. I used [UIColor clearColor] for the tint, it looks pretty slick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.