Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
What is your pick?

I currently use white noise, abienance and asleep what others are out there?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Relax mixes sound and video. Btw, which do you prefer out of the three apps you mentioned?

Eric.

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
I have only used White Noise, as I didn't really see the need to pay for something like this. I usually turn it on for about half an hour on the Rain setting at around 30% of the volume. My only complaints are that it doesn't save what you set it to. It always opens to waves at around 80% volume, which is definitely too loud to try to sleep by...

Traz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Wow, cant wait to get my itouch. I could sure use these to help sleep. (currently 2:43AM & I am not sleeping)

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
I have only used White Noise, as I didn't really see the need to pay for something like this. I usually turn it on for about half an hour on the Rain setting at around 30% of the volume. My only complaints are that it doesn't save what you set it to. It always opens to waves at around 80% volume, which is definitely too loud to try to sleep by...

My girlfriend got Ambiance and aSleep. She prefers Ambiance.

I tried out White Noise since it was free and it's enough for me. She will use beach and I'll have rain on and it makes a nice combination of "rain at the beach".

BTW, White Noise was updated yesterday with more sounds and it now saves your settings. Great app!

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I have 4 out of 5
Be sure to check the late-comer, iChillout. In the first version, some of the sounds were, annoying. With the updates, it now competes nicely with the others at 99 cents.

TheSmithOhana

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Does anyone know if these apps work with the Bose Sounddock? I currently have Easy Relax Ultimate for my iPhone, and while I love it... for some reason my Sounddock shuts down after 30 minutes while I play it (husband wants white noise all night long...)

Thanks!

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Pzizz Sleep for night time sleeps
Pzizz Relax for naps

!!!!!!

The best two sleep apps money can buy!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.