Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nonwontonface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I have a 2.0.1 1st gen iphone and I wanted to erase all the content on it. I went setting >general > reset > erase all content and setting . I waited an hour for it to finish, and than it went to the pineapple screen, and now it is stuck on it. I tried to hold the power and home button for it to turn off, and it turned off. But when I go back to turn it on again, it is still stuck on the pineapple screen. What can I do to fix this?

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I have a 2.0.1 1st gen iphone and I wanted to erase all the content on it. I went setting >general > reset > erase all content and setting . I waited an hour for it to finish, and than it went to the pineapple screen, and now it is stuck on it. I tried to hold the power and home button for it to turn off, and it turned off. But when I go back to turn it on again, it is still stuck on the pineapple screen. What can I do to fix this?

Hey dude
I had the exact same issue, due to the exact same reason.

Solution? go to iClarified they have a tutorial on how to unlock/jailbrake your phone, you'll have to restore it again, that is the only way around.

Hope it helps.

iClarified

iPhone Tutorial

leo14dam

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
hey

hey i just found this forum and i actually just encountered the same problem i tried reseting the phone back to its original state and when i did it, it said it will take about an hour i come back home to find out its stuck on the pineapple screen now i don't know what to do.. you said to go to iclarified but the one thing is will it still work if my computer doesn't even recognize my phone when its plugged in
??

appreciate the help

sassyny

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
hey i just found this forum and i actually just encountered the same problem i tried reseting the phone back to its original state and when i did it, it said it will take about an hour i come back home to find out its stuck on the pineapple screen now i don't know what to do.. you said to go to iclarified but the one thing is will it still work if my computer doesn't even recognize my phone when its plugged in
??

appreciate the help

Hey did you ever figure out how to solve this? I am having the EXACT same problem.

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Turn off the phone.

Plug it into a USB port.

If it doesn't come on, on it's own, turn it on.

This alone may fix it, but if it doesn't, force it into recovery mode, and then plug it in. Google for how to do that. I would give you a link, but I'm posting on my iPhone... No bloody copy and paste.

cameraben

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Pwnage does not believe my iphone is connected

Hi there,

I've also managed to get my 3g iphone stuck on the pineapple screen after erasing all data. I'm trying to jailbreak it again but pwnage gets stuck at the stage where it asks you to connect the phone. Itunes also will not see it and it won't let me switch it off, so I can't get it into DFU mode or Restore. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Alexfr

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
same problem but... no solution

Hi Everyone,

I am in exactly the same predicament. I have tried all the other suggestions and I was wondering if anyone had found a way around this that actually works 100%?

It's so frustrating.... ahhhhhh

Thanks!

feedmediaamonds

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Cydiaaa Help

Hi there, I was downloading an app from Cydia and it gave me only one option to reboot my iPhone. I did so, and my device does not go past the pineapple logo. I have held the home button and the sleep button numerous times but no different action occurs. Can someone please help me? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. :)

joeche

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
I had the exact same problem for the exact same reason. I tried resetting on iphone and it was stuck on pineapple for days with no hope of recoverying.

Here's what worked for me.

Itunes should be open.
Turn off your phone.
Unplug your phone from usb port.
Hold down "home" button on iphone.

plug in your phone while still holding the Home button and don't let go.
Your iphone will go into recovery mode.
Restore your iphone with your .ispw file you used to originally unlock phone.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The solution to this is everyone who doesn't know what they are doing need to stop hitting the erase all content and settings button.

Just do a restore, choose set up as new.

No one other than a dedicated hacker will be able to retrieve info from your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.