Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
if you double click on the app it will popup a login window, login using the account you downloaded the app with and you will not have a problem again.

Are they cracked apps? Or is your ipod touch jailbroken? If so then it needs to be set up just right to get it to work correctly. And if you bought the apps then you should no problem authorizing them. ;)

if you have worked with cracked apps you would know that you don't need to authorise the pc or mac for them, the authorisation is through iTunes not the ipod. It's basically sayin iTunes isn't authorised to sync the apps

jmann

macrumors 604
if you double click on the app it will popup a login window, login using the account you downloaded the app with and you will not have a problem again.

if you have worked with cracked apps you would know that you don't need to authorise the pc or mac for them, the authorisation is through iTunes not the ipod. It's basically sayin iTunes isn't authorised to sync the apps

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP but you do need (at least the last time I did it) to replace the mobileinstaller file on the firmware through ssh. That tricks iTunes into syncing over the apps. So technically you aren't doing anything with iTunes to sync cracked apps you are just changing the iPod software to require not "authorization" at all.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
not a jailbroken ipod touch.

i just restored the entire touch and took over an hour to get back all my music and movies onto it flawlessly BUT the apps still can't go...i keep getting the same message, furthermore stating the apps aren't authorized...but they're like AIM, Sudoku, etc.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca

thank you, just tried that but got this message instead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/WhammX/Picture4-3.png

I keep getting this when trying, it's pissin me off.

I downloaded the "myspace" app to test out if it would work since i downloaded it from the touch on my wifi network. it did download and work but the moment i connect my touch to my computer it says itunes could not transfer my purchased app from my ipod touch to my itunes cause my itunes it not authorized to accept it. to do so i need to click store>authorize computer.

btw, i'm sure this itunes is already authorized since i made sure to do so a few hours ago...but nonetheless wouldn't mind authorizing it again so i can get this working. but when i tried i keep getting that error message.

i'm dying here, help is truly welcomed.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
thank you, just tried that but got this message instead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/WhammX/Picture4-3.png

ok that sounds like a botched install, what system you running? windows or mac?

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP but you do need (at least the last time I did it) to replace the mobileinstaller file on the firmware through ssh. That tricks iTunes into syncing over the apps. So technically you aren't doing anything with iTunes to sync cracked apps you are just changing the iPod software to require not "authorization" at all.

I was talkin to the OP regarding the double tap to authorize and to you about cracked apps not needing to be authorised

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Ok. The problem is that iTunes stores your authorization information in the /Users/Shared/ folder on your computer. Either the folder has bad permissions or the file is lost/corrupt.

First thing to do is simply repair permissions. After you do that, de-authorize your computer for your iTunes account, then reauthorize it.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Ok. The problem is that iTunes stores your authorization information in the /Users/Shared/ folder on your computer. Either the folder has bad permissions or the file is lost/corrupt.

First thing to do is simply repair permissions. After you do that, de-authorize your computer for your iTunes account, then reauthorize it.

i'm sorry, i repair permissions in itunes or overall on the mac? How do i do this?

2 steps right: 1. repair permissions. 2. and de-authorize itunes and reauthorize.

how do i do the first?

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
so i opened up disk utility, clicked on repair disk permissions and it just finished....

but upon opening itunes and trying to deauthorize i keep getting that same sign.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
If all else fails you could always take it to the genius bar?

thats true i guess.

but i bought it from from a contact on craigslist...

will that affect anything? I did ende up calling AppleCare today and after giving them the serial number they were very helpful, but still didn't fix the problem. they suggested that if the problem is not reseolved within 24 hours, to shoot them a direct email, with the one he provided...

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
AppleCare seems lost on what to do...they can't seem to help and i'm lost too.

Anyone w/ any suggestions?

what if i was to delete itunes? perhaps this could be the problem? but if i delete it, won't all my music and movies be gone? what would happen when i connect my touch to my macbook?

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Have you tried to restore your iPod? Are you using the same account on both iTunes and the iPod? If you answered yes to both of these questions, uninstall iTunes by following these directions. Your music will remain. Then, re-download and re-install iTunes 8. Restore iPod again and see if your problem reappears. If the problem persists, back up all your music, photos, documents, movies, etc to an external drive or another computer, and reinstall Mac OS X and update it. Then, put all your files back in place, and restore your iPod again. See if the problem persists. If it does, then take it to a Genius.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Have you tried to restore your iPod? Are you using the same account on both iTunes and the iPod? If you answered yes to both of these questions, uninstall iTunes by following these directions. Your music will remain. Then, re-download and re-install iTunes 8. Restore iPod again and see if your problem reappears. If the problem persists, back up all your music, photos, documents, movies, etc to an external drive or another computer, and reinstall Mac OS X and update it. Then, put all your files back in place, and restore your iPod again. See if the problem persists. If it does, then take it to a Genius.

yeah, i did restore the ipod and am using the same account on itunes and the ipod. i just unintalled itunes, and am downloading itunes 8 now...hopefully it'll work.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

HappyDude20 said:
It worked!

Thats great! Glad we could help!

d.wo!f

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
how to sync apps from itunes to ipod?

I have several apps which i got from a friend. when i sync them, itunes tell me that "you are not authorized for it on this computer". When i get in the app store in itunes and i double click on 1 apps, it requires the itunes store password of that friend. I could have given him my ipod and tell him to sync the apps from his computer for me, however, unfortunately, i no more meet that friend in question and i myself have no itunes account.. note: i have already had my ipod jailbreak.

What do i do with these apps?
Aren't there anyway else i can sync these apps?
Will i not be able to do anything with these apps?
Are these apps really useless, now?
help, plz??:confused:

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

d.wo!f said:
I have several apps which i got from a friend. when i sync them, itunes tell me that "you are not authorized for it on this computer". When i get in the app store in itunes and i double click on 1 apps, it requires the itunes store password of that friend. I could have given him my ipod and tell him to sync the apps from his computer for me, however, unfortunately, i no more meet that friend in question and i myself have no itunes account.. note: i have already had my ipod jailbreak.

What do i do with these apps?
Aren't there anyway else i can sync these apps?
Will i not be able to do anything with these apps?
Are these apps really useless, now?
help, plz??:confused:

Yes they are useless unless you have his or her itunes account username and password

CuLaytAh

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
Another issue with sync app

It's crack app and it's sync to the iPod Touch, but the app isn't showing up on the Touch..why?

Synterra

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
I had the same problem. I even tried using the erase and sync option since it transferring my cracked apps seemed hopeless but it didn't work too. Everytime I try the 'erase and sync' option, my apps would still be there. What I did was:

*: The original iTunes with my apps were in my PC, I recently bought a MacBook Pro and wanted to transfer my music, apps, etc. here.

1) Downloaded Blackra1n for mac since i used blackrain for jailbreaking my itouch before

2) Rebooted my iTouch

3) Re-jailbreak

4) Erase and Sync (I dint try transferring my apps in this step. you guys should try it before erase and sync. let us know what happens)

After that, I was able to sync my itouch with my macbook pro itunes. The thing is, all my apps got erased LOL. Hope it helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.