Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renaudtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Hey everyone,

First of all, my firmware is 2.1 so I can now use applications. When I do it through my phone, there are no problems. But form my PC, it gets complicated...
In iTunes, under the "library" bar, I have the aplication icon (with all my application), but under the "iPhone" bar (still in iTunes), I only have music, ringtones etc, but no applications!. So whenever I try to transfer applications from my computer to my iPhone, I get some errors. Does anyone has a solution? iTunes is well "authorized" by the way..

-iTunes 8
-iPhone v1 2.1

Thanks!

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
Applications don't show up under your iPhone with the music bar, podcasts bar, etc. like they do under the library bar.

The only way you can add them is on the iPhone Page under applications. You will have to set iTunes to auto sync your apps. (If you manually manage music, it won't mess your music up)

What does the error you are getting say?

renaudtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Yes, that's what I meant, I'm french so I'm sorry if my english gets a little bit messed up..

When the sync is done, the following message shows up : "xxx coudl not be installed because it could not been verified"... Do you have any suggestions?

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
If I were you I would double check to see if your computer is authorized for your apps. (Store Menu>Authorize Computer)

Did you buy those apps on the computer you are syncing with, or on another?

renaudtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Yes, I double-checked and it's well authorized..
No, these applications were just downloaded from a french forum. But I think they are not crack or unofficial stuffs.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
...downloaded from a french forum. But I think they are not crack or unofficial stuffs.

That's the problem. The apps have to be purchased by you. Even if they are "official" apps, you would have to have the original purchasers iTunes password, as apps can only be used on 5 computers authorized with the original purchasers account info.

renaudtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Oh okay... Sorry then! And there are no way to put them on the iPhone? with SSH or something?

renaudtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Awesome! Is there a tutorial on how to do it or it is as simple as changing icons with SSH?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.