Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

About how often do you sync your iPod on average?

• Total voters

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I usually sync after I download any new content because my main iPod just sits on a Bose Sounddock.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
1-3 times a day. Sometimes just to correct a spelling mistake in a song name. Basically I sync after every single change to my iTunes library, no matter how small.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Whenever I'm just sitting there, any my iPod is within reach. Or if I wanna add something to it. It averages out around once a week, but I've gone for almost a month before too... but then some days I sync it like 5 times, so I guess it averages out :rolleyes:

pointycollars

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Cincinnati
My iPod is also pretty much for car use. A 4-gig 2G Nano that has a selection of songs that I like to listen to in the car - I sync it every time I feel like updating or changing that selection of songs, or to charge the battery.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
my kids use the touches daily so they need to be charged often. i charged them from the computer so it automatically syncs at that time. is this a bad thing? should i only sync manually when i actually make a change to the library? the nano sits in the car so i sync it every now and then when i want to change a playlist.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I pretty much only use my iPod for podcasts while running alone. This happens about 2-3 times a week (the rest of the time I play soccer or run with a partner), so I only need to sync every few days.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Daily.
My iPod is driven by my old G3 iMac which gets switched on when I come home from work every day to pick up e-mails and update podcasts. I still use my iMac as the main charger of my iPod, and generally have to charge it ever day anyway.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
my kids use the touches daily so they need to be charged often. i charged them from the computer so it automatically syncs at that time. is this a bad thing? should i only sync manually when i actually make a change to the library? the nano sits in the car so i sync it every now and then when i want to change a playlist.

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with frequent syncs or leaving it connected to a computer for long periods. I was just curious.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Less than once a month. I keep it in my car, plugged in to the Pioneer CD player, where it charges. I only sync when I get new music, or there's a software update. Speaking of which - I hope Apple puts the Genius feature on my 80g Classic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.