Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kangjor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
I have a iphone 3g unlocked by turbo sim and firmware version is 2.0.1.
I will try jailbreak with Pwagne tool. I'm wondering if the turbo sim wouldn't work after jailbreaking. Can anybody advise me regarding of this issue?

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
I am using turbo sim n has the same doubt before jailbreaking. But don't worry, if the rebel sim works before jailbreaking then it will work even after you jailbreak. Also remember to select the ACTIVATE option in pwnage tool while creating the custom firmware.

kangjor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks a lot

I am using turbo sim n has the same doubt before jailbreaking. But don't worry, if the rebel sim works before jailbreaking then it will work even after you jailbreak. Also remember to select the ACTIVATE option in pwnage tool while creating the custom firmware.

Thanks a lot. Your comment encourages me to do it. One more thing, selecting the ACTIVATE option doesn't mean unlocking the phone, does it? I still need the turbo sim, right?

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
wish the ACTIVATE option would unlock the phone. Then we wouldn't have to use REBEL SIM :) btw, it does not unlock it. If you don't select it, even after restoring with the custom firmware your phone will be stuck at SLIDE TO UNLOCK SCREEN. The ACTIVATE option brings youur iPhone to the springboard.

kangjor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks again!!

wish the ACTIVATE option would unlock the phone. Then we wouldn't have to use REBEL SIM :) btw, it does not unlock it. If you don't select it, even after restoring with the custom firmware your phone will be stuck at SLIDE TO UNLOCK SCREEN. The ACTIVATE option brings youur iPhone to the springboard.

Thanks for your quick response. u r the man!:)

technogeekchris

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
Please help - iphone 3g jaibreak

Hi, i have an IPHONE 3G running on turbosim. Can you please help me jailbreak this Iphone. Will the turbosim will work even after the jailbreak? I have 2.1 and would like to keep same firmware. I heard people who upgraded to 2.2 and turbosim didnt work. Can you please help me jailbreak my 2.1 IPHONE 3G. I only have a Windows Vista and waht tool i need for jailbreak? I have some questions:

1) Shall i remove the turbosim and chip before the jailbreak?
2) after jailbreak, i can put turbosim and will it work?
3) i heard i need to activare in jailbreak, where can i find this and wah is this for?
4) what firmware I need to use -can you give me the link?

thanks, chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.